Blockbox

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Deniax, 2 Apr 2008.

1. Ah, I haven't. Should have thought of that.

2. Request: Option to enable recursive gravity for custom VS matches.

3. romantjc

romantjc Unregistered

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie and where can I download this game?

Thanks

4. hey welcome to the forums romantjc, blockboxgame.com but i can see you already got it working as you're in game right now.

5. Deniax

Deniax Blockbox developer

Version 9.0.0-Build20090410-1815 has been installed

Unfortunately, the team line clear still not has been fixed. Therefor, I need your help! A new version is installed
    where every frame is saved, including all key input and any lag info. Please, if you have the Team non lines clear problem, post the replayid (To do it, when the game ends, in the leaderboard overlay, press My Replays, and then press save. You will now have saved a replay which also has an ID.

Changes:

- Game now never deals an O as the first piece (it already did not deal an S or Z, somehow the O was forgotten..)
    - Survival top out bug is fixed
    - All sounds are now saved to the replay (previously not all sounds were played when watching a replay. When new replays are saved and you watch them, you will hear all sounds now).

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Deniax: i played some team marathon with Calown, and we didn't have the bug with lines not clearing, but pieces are sometimes locking instantly when they touch the stack. unfortunately neither of us were able to save the replay. we clicked on "save" but nothing happened. the game ended about 10-12 minutes before i made this post, if that helps.

i also played an Expert TA game and reached a higher level than my record, but this game didn't make it to the leaderboard. i'm pretty sure you're supposed to be ranked by level, and in a tie the lower time is better.

7. Deniax

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version 9.0.1-Build20090413-1816
    [Fixed Bug] Server doesn't save replay if replay size more then 60kb (Jujube's problem)
    [New feature] All non 0G modes: no ghost after level 100
    [New feature] Removed the ALL sort option from the leaderboard

8. Deniax

Version 9.0.2-Build20090414-1817
    [-] Expert TA: section time records are now been saved
    [-] Multiplayer snooper desync bug fixed. (well.. it should be [​IMG] )

9. Deniax

Game is up and running again

10. Muf

Muf

Bug report: in ARS 40 lines mode, pressing firm drop followed by soft drop causes the next spawned piece to firm drop as well.

11. Feature request: Double hold prevention in 0 ARE modes. It's really easy to IHS and lock a piece before you let go of hold, accidentally holding a second piece.

12. Muf

Muf

This feature used to be in the game, so I suppose it's a regression.

13. Deniax

Release Notes:
    Version 9.0.3-Build20090417-1833
    [Fixed] Sudden locking pieces in Team games (not sure though, needs testing)
    [Fixed] When snooping a game and a new round begins, it won't say the snoopers name anymore when the game begins

14. Deniax

Version 9.0.6-Build20090423-1840

[Feature] New (much easier) teams mode compared to Team Marathon: Team Nordic Walk

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Deniax: nice updates. i played some team Nordic Walk and Expert, and didn't notice any pieces locking suddenly. sometimes though, fragments of pieces are left behind in random cells when lines clear, and the fragments won't disappear until an active piece passes through those cells.

can you give any clues on how the grading works in Nordic Walk?

edit: i'm not 100% sure that the new bug only occurs when lines clear. i'll remember to save the replay next time.

16. Deniax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version 9.0.6-Build20090424-1841
    [FIXED] No fragments will be left behind during Teams
    [FIXED] Memory leaks which caused some browser crashes

17. Muf

Muf

Haha memory leaks, I thought this was in Java [​IMG]

18. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Java has memory leaks too. Say you add object A as a listener on object B. Object B will hold a reference to object A so that B can notify A when an event happens. Then you free A by NULLing out all references to it, but you don't detach the listener from B. Then the garbage collector will see B's reference to A and decide not to kill A. That's how you take a leak in a managed platform like Java or .NET or even JavaScript.

19. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Bad implementations of data structures can do the same thing. Imagine a Vector that just decrements the array capacity when you pop an element. Naturally Java's own structures should be smarter than that, but a DIY implementation might do worse.

And of course, just because Java's GC cleared out a whole bunch of memory doesn't mean it'll give it back to the OS.

20. Deniax

NEW VERSION

Version 9.0.8-Build20090427-1843
    [Fixed] the 0-70 times are not shown in Marathon modes is now fixed
    [Fixed] Survival bug fixed where in sporadic cases a line would not clear
    [Fixed] Problem that showed a player name as active in a game, whilst that user had logged off a while ago

Note for Linux users:
    I heard reports that sometimes a piece would double rotate. To fix this, turn off X key repetition in Linux: (Please let me know if this works)
    xset r off