Ban Ghett0?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 18 Apr 2008.

1. Muf

Muf

jujube, I'm guessing you mean me, and I don't mind having my name mentioned, but I think what Amnesia tried to represent in the picture was offense and defense, so having me and lee there would be weird.

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

actually it wasn't you, and it doesn't really matter who it was. the point i was trying to make is we shouldn't be so quick to judge without looking at ourselves first.

as far as who's doing what in the picture, i have no idea. if it was clear that the person under my name was defending the prisoner i think Amnesia's name would be there [​IMG]

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It was the first picture I found..

It was not to be serious..Just for a bit some fun..There is a lack of pictures and decoration in this forum..

4. K

K

could be worst : lee look like Gouvernator

5. You mean sort of like this?

[​IMG]

6. Muf

Muf

Necroing a thread that is relevant to my interests. More than a month has passed, and the tally is:

Ban Ghett0?

Yes, yes and yes (56%) [ 26 ]

No (43%) [ 20 ]

Total Votes : 46

caffeine, final decision is up to you. You could leave the poll open for longer but I doubt things will change much.

7. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Since it has been necro'd, i'm going to bring up the point that the general consensus was the since option no winning, and each of the 3 other option were spread out. Technically speaking no won. Also, your right a month has passed and during that month he proved (to me atleast) that the one reason i had for banning him was not really true. I personally voted yes, and give him one month. So if we're going to bring up the topic of ghett0 getting banned again, i'd have to say its only fair if we have a new vote, that runs for a set amount of time. And after that set amount of time we decide once and for all.

8. Muf

Muf

cdsboy, if there was one option for "yes" and three options for "no", and the three "no"s combined had more votes than "yes", then by your reasoning "yes" would win because the votes for "no" would be spread out. Spot the flaw in that?

I would say the "concensus" here is yes, and from the three options available, deleting his records is the most popular. Why vote on stuff again when it's already clear?

9. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Ok let me restate. 8 people voted to give him a month. Without the 8 votes for the month, since we can't know their adjusted votes, it would be 18 for yes, and 20 for no. No would still win. So i feel, to fairly decide we would need a new vote because this one has outlasted its scope.

10. I think the fact this thread died was a sign that the general concensus didn't care anymore.

To be honest, I really love coming onto TC because I love tetris but the amount of garbage posts being aimed at demeaning Ghetto i think has really blemished up this forum. Attacking someone for being under 18 is ridiculous, especially when the forum is about a videogame. I'm under 18 and yet I still seem to comprehend what common courtesy people deserve. In no way am I trying to aim at anyone with this post. I am merely saying that people should try to focus more on tetris and less on trying to take on a 9 year old ( I think that is how old people said he was, my apologies if I got your age wrong Ghetto). My apologies if I have angered anyone this is merely my feelings on it.

In might not be my place to suggest anything but i would like to put forth the idea that this thread be closed. There has been plenty of time for people to cast their votes and voice their opinions on the matter.

11. Well, I personally think that all members should be over the age of 13.

Most forums work that way.

12. For like the hundredth time, yes.

Unless someone can give a reason to me as to what Ghett0 provides that makes up for the vast amount of annoyance and unrest he causes, I won't see why he should stay.

If we start getting Ghett0 v Amnesia ultimatums, there's only one person I would ever pick to stay.

13. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

sad to say the site could get in trouble for even letting a 9 year old kid on. It' sunlikely to happen, but....

14. ei

ei

I don't think he has the maturity to be on this forum.

All of his potentially forged/TASed records aside, he frequently posts either tactlessly, carelessly, uselessly, or the like. He also has the tendency to be very abrasive and disrupt the usually pleasant atmosphere of the forums.

In addition, he frequently posts crap that we've all found not to be true and claims it as fact. (TI MAME and the TI GM requirements come immediately to mind)

Also, just want to address something else:

Here's my stance on this: I think some people are being more lenient on him because of his age. Put it this way: if anyone else were posting in such a disruptive manner, lying, being abrasive, etc. etc. etc., would they not have been banned by now? If we want to treat him fairly, then fine. We'll throw age completely out of the equation. I still think his behavior is disruptive and that alone makes it difficult to convince me that he should stay.

In summary: I don't think he should stay, at least not until he can get his act cleaned up and stop with all of the useless/obviously false/TASing/etc/etc/etc crap.

My three quarters of a cent.

~EI

15. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I actually thought that the GM requirement stuff was real, mind you. >_>

16. Case in point:

17. I'd ban him if I thought he was cheating (trying to pass TASes off as real or whatever), but he's listed on a lot of record threads, so that must mean that those thread creators don't think he cheated.

18. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Well, for some reason jujube thinks I'm cheating. Anyways, if y'all want, I can do live podcast.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

??? [​IMG]

Can you explain me the sentence ? I don't understand very well..