Ban Ghett0?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 18 Apr 2008.

1. I'm tired of wasting energy on this, so I'll just get it out in the open and let you guys decide. A bunch of people say we should ban him for good. If there's strong enough reason, I'll consider it.

Pros

Interested in Tetris and wants to learn more

Fairly active player

Cons

Constantly accused of being a liar

Tends to flame the place up

Accused of breaking the forum's TOS in regards to age.

I don't like "modding" unless it's completely necessary and definitely in the best interest of the forum and its purpose. If you ask me, banning active Tetris players that want to improve ain't really my thing.

2. Muf

Muf

He's mainly funny to watch and poke when he's on IRC, but there's a reason we keep him out in the Blockstats chatroom and not in #arika. Too much attention and it just gets tiresome. With the whole 55fps thing this is starting to look more and more like trolling, cause he loves the attention.

3. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

If you knew me you'd know I DISLIKE attention. I just thought something was wrong in the wiki. [​IMG]

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

the only problem i really have is when he answers questions without really knowing what he's talking about. sometimes it's obvious he's made it up, but i'm sure it isn't always obvious to the person asking the question. sure everybody gives bad information sometimes, but we try to have the right answer before speaking up, and in many cases we back it up with info from the wiki or some other reputable source.

when somebody responds with information to a topic they don't know anything about, it seems to me like they just want attention.

5. K

K

btw, did someone saw him playing heboris netplay ?

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i think it's comments like this that people don't appreciate:
    when you speak with such a level of certainty, you really need some strong evidence in your favor. if the vast majority of people believe something is correct, and these people have a lot of experience in the particular area, it probably is. it's counter-productive to argue when you don't have anything concrete to hold your argument up, and it serves as a distraction and an annoyance.

7. I say no,

Ghett0 seems like an interesting enough player, and he is a Tetris player after all, so he has the right to be here.

Besides with Ghett0 around it makes me look less ignorant.

- Jono

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

It's stuff like this that made Wikipedia put [citation needed] over everything.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Definitely no as well..

His behaviour will become nicer by the time..He will adapt himself litle by little..And yes, we will know very soon if his score are fakes or not in analysing oug battle with him..If he can got at least 6 - 10 against me, I will believe that he is 99% honnest..

10. I voted yes, he has been acting like this since he registered on the forum and despite many reprimands and chances to better himself - he hasn't changed one bit.

11. Ghett0 still hasn't destroyed anything. He is annoying, probably because of age differences.

I which there was a way to make him realize the issue at hand.

I voted, "yes, but give him a month", because I know how evil a ban really is, and how it can turn bad guys into the worst. And Ghett0 isn't a bad guy.

Please consider a special group with posting limitation, so he can still follow tc's development, and maybe in the future he'll decide to come back and behave. Banning should only be used when there is a threat of security, or extreme behaviour.

12. The thing is, he already did get banned for ~a month once.. and it didn't work.

If the previous ban didn't work, what makes you think this one will?

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG] Ha ha..

Don't worry Ghetto, I am sure you will stay here..I would be very disappointed by TC if you were fired..

I know that NoTghost appreciate you, I will ask her his voice..

The only one thing you have to do is : staying a bit more quiet, less excited, continu to submit some score even if lot people, (like me) have some doubt, one day, things will calm down.

I honnestly think that the majority of your scores are true, and a little number are fakes..

The heboris net is a revolution which will allow us to see who are honnest and who are not..

Anyway, it is not too late for you to recover a good behaviour..

In my opinion you are far to be unsupportable..

14. johnberhenry

johnberhenry Unregistered

I suppose you are hiding behind the US flag [​IMG] (and I'm talking to you, Amnesia).

15. K

K

i voted NO, because i beleive in the prophet. he is the true reincarnation of JWK. Ghetto is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End, the first and the last.

you're all just ignorant, let the prophet teach us the TRUE !

AMEN

16. I actually voted no, but there's no way I'm unbanning him from #arika anytime soon. Realtime ghetto... no thanks.

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

[​IMG] funny picture, but i voted no.

18. I voted yes, simply because I don't buy his record posts, and I frankly don't find any reason to keep him here from his posts on general discussion.

To be honest, even if he came clean about his records, I still would struggle to believe any honest ones he might post. The record is just too tarnished for me to really give a crap any more.

Despite his irritating nature on here, it's really his faked scores and runs that annoy me to the point where I'd want him gone.

19. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I DARE you to prove they are faked. I seriously dare you to. Because you can't. You have no evidence.

20. You have no evidence to support that they are real, therefore I do not believe you.