Ban Corrosive?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jujube, 17 Mar 2009.

1. corrosive you are dumb

20G in srs is absolutely 100% trivial, completely unnatural-feeling shitty bullshit

no tetris implementation is even as half as challenging as tgm2 or 3

2. Blockbox has a TAP Death and a Shirase mode too. They're called TA and Ti expert (On the bottom right). And you should have to play with ARS in TAP. (Since the actual TAP doesn't have World rules).

3. And since SRS is stupidly easy, making the whole thing trivial anyway.

4. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Honestly, corrosive, i think that current guideline singleplayer has (rightfully) left a bad taste in your mouth. It's broken tetris. EVERYONE here knows this. Super Rotation System is SRSiously only good for multiplayer, where the increase in mobility and options, along with the bag, remove most of the luck from the game. Except for the garbage system...

Assuming the controlls are responsive, i can complete every guideline compliant marathon mode every time. If I had the patience, I could max out the score in endless marathon, like so many have.

Playing single player TGM inspired modes, with their native rotation system of ARS will show you that single player tetris can be challenging. Simply play Classic mode until you reach level 100. It will be easy and boring, but then something interesting will happen, and some modes will unlock. Play th eunlocked modes to unlock the rest of them.

No more hopping pieces getting over obstructions. You actually have to stack properly to survive. And it's challenging to stack properly in TAP. TI is a bit more forgiving in the stacking department, because of the allowed floorkicks and the hold, but makes up for it with a SERIOUS speed increase that causes even GMs in TAP to struggle.

Sure you know how to stack in low speed, and how to stack even in 20G SRS. But you probably don't know how to stack in 20G under ARS. It's a totally different game. Almost everything you know is wrong.

It looks easy when others are doing it, but try it yourself before judging.

5. You only need to play to level 20 to get Marathon 3, and it only takes a few minutes in Marathon 3 to unlock everything else. 100 "traditional" levels is going to take way longer than 300 TGM levels. If he can't unlock the other modes through Marathon 3 for whatever reason, that'll just be a taste of what else is in store for him in this little "challenge."

6. So one thing here is that you claim to be so great but really, you spend all your time exclusively playing multiplayer and yet...Rosti and I who barely ever play multiplayer have come pretty close to beating you? We pretty much only play TGM...

A game of TGM3 Master mode takes 7 minutes or less providing you don't suck. A game of TGM3 Shirase takes about 3 to 7 minutes depending on how far you get. You get Sudden Ti 1300 and then come back here and say that shit again. It's not easy.

7. I think Corrosive has realized that TGM is way harder than he originally gave it credit for. (EDIT: I realized this post would look really odd to people that weren't present on the forum or in IRC at the time, as he deleted the post he made -- likely to avoid harassment regarding a minor misunderstanding on his part. Just know that he's surely aware that he's in way over his head when it comes to meeting those challenges Rosti posted.)

A question for both parties involved: Can we stop the big, angry yellfest now and start being a bit more civil?

8. Zaphod77

You will note my distinct lack of yelling. [​IMG]

The demo for tgm1 makes playing at 20g look easy as pie. Then you try it yourself, and realise it's not so easy after all. (heh)

9. I can relate, haha. I remember playing TGM1 when I was 13 after watching that "Japanese Tetris Finals" Death 800+ video. I thought it was a cool game, but I didn't get too involved with it at the time. The best grade I got at that time was a 3 or something, if I recall correctly. I also recall getting absolutely slaughtered by 20G Mode, haha. The guy in the video just made it look so easy! Haha. :p

10. I guess I'm kind of lucky that it was NDS_TGM that got me into Tetris, so I've never underestimated the difficulty of attaining the scores in our records topics/those videos. TAP especially is WAY harder than it looks because of the limited floor kicks.

In any case, I can forgive corrosive if he's acknowledged the TGM series as more difficult than he thought. In some ways I feel I've been meaner to him than he's been to me.

11. lgb

lgb

I'm sure that most Japanese are better than you. They put in the hours, the effort, and the desire to understand, and get skill back. Skill that you will probably never ever have yourself because you don't seem to need it.

Now, most Asians in general I know or hear about are pretty cordial and always helpful, and some have a wonderful passion for something that I really don't see out of others. But they have people just like you, everyone does.

Too bad that even those "bad apples" can still turn you into mince. Without blinking, without thinking, without cheating. Afterward, you'll think they've abused all three.

Your arrogance is your incompetence is your failure.

12. lol corrosive pwn

what did he think that the tgm time format was hh:mm:ss or something? lol

13. Muf

Muf

What's that Corrosive? You can only win in your safe and comforting little SRS 0G world? Eat Shirase, bitch [​IMG]

14. Ai

Ai

Hopefully he will now leave us alone or take up the challenge presented to him. I'm certain that he would do well if he takes some time to adapt.

Holy ****! Thanks for sharing!

15. No. His mistake was pretty understandable. Since Rosti omitted a unit of measurement on the target records, Corrosive assumed points. A TGM player would see that it was intended to indicate level, but that isn't too clear to people that are new to the series. It's just a little miscommunication, that's all.

16. Zaphod77

NICE.

Old news, but nice. glad that vid is still around. The guy is still stacking for tetrises, and gets at least ten in the roll!

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Mine, just for example :

TGM : GM 10min34
    TAP Master : M - 8min33
    TAP Death : M - lv 634

I am fair, I just put the score I had 1 year ago, and I am still pretty sure that you can not do one of the 3 scores before...4 months..Oh no...1 year..

18. Ai

Ai

There is no way he could do any of those in a year, unless he dedicates himself like crazy and even then... If he does get really close to any of those then I will have to admit that he really is great!

But no chance in hell! ^^

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

locking the thread until it becomes relevant again (hopefully never). there are 40 votes and 79 replies...