Ban Corrosive?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jujube, 17 Mar 2009.

1. K

K

NO

you should all be ashamed to consider Corrosive this way. He is one of the best player or probably the best player in his specialty, and sacrifying his time to training low class players is admirable...
    You should all meditate, and appreciate him as an unanderstood genius and great player he is.

Corrosive is not Ghetto.

2. That is true. The only example I've seen of the inappropriate jokes was the whole death thing though, which I did believe because I didn't know any better.

3. Penny Arcade summarized it a while ago:

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

?! [​IMG]

pff..C'est un charlot ce type...Ou alors toi aussi tu utilises le 3me degr..

5. Being a talented player does not get you a get-out-of-jail-free card. Corrosive has been very rude towards people on the forum and in the IRC channel, that's not cool. I voted yes in this thread.

6. (if this causes more controversy I'll remove it.)
    Code:
    [142444] <corros|ve> id like to challenge any TGM players beside Digital to face me in 1v1 multiplayer
    [142450] <corros|ve> who will accept my challenge
    [142514] <corros|ve> which one of you ladies will step-up and defend your honor
    [142555] <corros|ve> who wants some
    [142557] <corros|ve> who wants a little
    [142627] <corros|ve> who is willing to die for their beliefs in arika
    [142645] <corros|ve> i am not afraid to get TGM blood on my hands
    [142817] <corros|ve> i come from where real tetris was played and where downstack originated from
    [142818] <corros|ve> the hood
    [142826] <corros|ve> the dark dusty streets of TetriNET2
    [142834] <corros|ve> where we kept shit real
    [142907] <corros|ve> where our ruler St0rmcat abandoned us and we still kept on playin and tooting our horns
    [142930] <corros|ve> so come on and step up and prove ur better than a veteran TNETTER
    [142933] <corros|ve> u aint got what it takes
    [143000] * Kitaru Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
    [143020] <corros|ve> my style is impetuous
    [143024] <corros|ve> my defense is impregnable
    [143028] <corros|ve> my downstack is the prettiest
    [143037] <corros|ve> and im just ferocious i want your heart
    [143042] <corros|ve> i want to eat his children
    [143052] <corros|ve> arika aint no alexander im alexander
    [143105] <corros|ve> im tha best eva
    [143120] <corros|ve> u wont last 2 minutes in my world bitches
    [143200] <corros|ve> praise be to ALLAH
    [143335] <Lardarse> you just don't get it, do you...
    [143446] <corros|ve> shut your mouth johnny jingle nuts
    [143614] <corros|ve> GET like me
    [143618] <corros|ve> GET on my level
    [143824] <Lardarse> no-one here cares
    [144225] <corros|ve> shutup brit
    [144227] <DeHackEd> what's going on?
    [144235] <corros|ve> this fat yank is gonna roll right your your face
    [144243] <corros|ve> ill ram my fist down your throat
    [144245] <DeHackEd> what's going on?
    [144249] <DeHackEd> besides smack talk
    [144252] <Zircean> nm 
    [144256] <Zircean> heh. 
    [144438] * _4matsy Quit (Quit: .)
    [144610] <Lardarse> DeHackEd: what's going on is i'm relaxing after getting the 3rd rune
    [144623] <DeHackEd> that tells me approximately nothing
    [144635] <Lardarse> playing quake on nightmare
    [144637] <corros|ve> hes a loser
    [144648] <corros|ve> 3rd rune gets him a stiffy
    [144704] <muf> oh just shut it cor
    [144707] <corros|ve> quake is for faggots and sailors
    [144725] <Zircean> alright guys seriously 
    [144732] <Zircean> fucking hell 
    [144735] <Zircean> it's just tetris 
    [144738] <Lardarse> Zircean: exactly
    [144743] <Zircean> can we get over ourselves now 
    [144752] <corros|ve> yeah get off my dick
    [144755] <corros|ve> im just here to play some tetris
    [144801] <corros|ve> assholes
    [144812] <DeHackEd> then stop talking and start playing
    [144818] <DeHackEd> I expect an S7 by the end of the day
    [144832] <gs68> I STILL. DON'T. GET. why digital defends him.
    [144836] <corros|ve> S7 is faggot-talk
    [144838] <corros|ve> play me in multiplayer
    [144845] <corros|ve> i just delivered a prewritten monologue
    [144847] <DeHackEd> fine. what server?
    [144849] <corros|ve> challenging any of you
    [144851] <corros|ve> to 1v1
    [144859] <corros|ve> blockbox
    [144907] <corros|ve> the new standard of oc tetris
    [144909] <corros|ve> pc*
    [144912] <Lardarse> DeHackEd: play on blockbox... you'll havea lower ping than he will
    [144923] <corros|ve> get your TGM talk out of my face, that shit is garbage
    [144924] <DeHackEd> oh... no, I play hebomini
    [144928] <corros|ve> texmaster
    [144930] <corros|ve> hebomi
    [144934] <corros|ve> papa sheeshaw
    [144935] <corros|ve> lockjaw
    [144939] <corros|ve> all that faggot shit is whack
    [144955] <DeHackEd> you do realize that blockbox Marathon modes are TGM
    [145003] <corros|ve> i dont play that shit
    [145006] <corros|ve> 40 lines and multiplayer for me
    [145013] <gs68> LJ has 40 lines
    [145016] <DeHackEd> yeah, he's afraid
    [145028] <corros|ve> i play 40 lines on tetrisfriends
    [145029] <corros|ve> and bb
    [145043] <corros|ve> and my scores are better than all of yours
    [145047] <corros|ve> now suck on my fat yank dick
    [145052] <Lardarse> in other news: don't forget your pie tomorrow
    [145052] <gs68> You can go faster in LJ! ;)
    [145054] <corros|ve> my fat yank american cock
    [145121] <corros|ve> shutup gs
    [145125] * misterogyny Quit (Quit: warble box)
    [145126] <gs68> Sure I will.
    [145134] * gs68 cranks up his autorepeat speed.
    [145147] <corros|ve> ill be on blokkendoos if any of you scrubs want to rumble
    [145149] <corros|ve> just remember
    [145150] * gs68 turns off line clear delay.
    [145152] <corros|ve> im the boss
    [145154] * corros|ve has left #arika

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If Corrosive thinks he's so hot at downstacking, perhaps he should set up a leaderboard in Records for Lockjaw Drill Attack and Level 4.

8. K

K

and what i don't see any problem, corrosive is simply motivating people for some fair VS.

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

If you guys haven't noticed, he hasn't even been responding. [​IMG] Can we just stop this now?

10. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

Looks like I missed a bunch of drama in my absence. In any case, I came into this thread with no opinion, and then I scrolled down and saw Corrosive's posts. It immediately became clear to me that his attitude is simply everything this forum is not, and the rest of his posts in other threads only confirm the trend.

I've always known Tetris Concept to be simply a hangout spot for Tetris fans, with interpersonal competition taking a distant back seat to simply trying to outdo oneself's previous records and discussion of finer points of game mechanics. Sure, interpersonal competition still existed, but it was quiet enough that anybody who wasn't interested could simply choose to ignore it. In fact, that's what drew me to the forum in the first place - I've never really cared much about high-level competitive gaming, but I do enjoy blowing my own personal record out of the water. Which in turn was also what originally drew me to the TGM series in the first place (and later Touhou as well). I realize whenever I upload a replay that there are dozens of people out there who are more skilled than me, and I frankly don't care about trying to beat them. I'm more interested in getting critiques pointing out how I can improve, and what elements of my playing style I should retain.

So, I vote yes to the ban. Not necessarily as a way of saying "you're not welcome here", but more of a "please take it to a community built around hardcore competition."

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
    <corros|ve> get your TGM talk out of my face, that shit is garbage

would have voted yes if I had sees that, you really don't impress anybody with your fucking 1v1 procation, I accept it !
    Let's set on blockbox a 20G game with a lock at 18 frames with NO move reset and I WILL CRUSH YOU CORROSIVE !!!!

but, I need time to just get a new stick, and get a home internet..That should not be so long, be patient my friend.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1385&start=0

That is all you can do ??
    Now that blink played the same number of match than you : 14, we see approximately what is your level..And Rosti is close to your rate score/nb of match, and he is not a so much focused player like you, he crushes you everywhere else, like me, DIGITAL, and many other here..
    Come on, you will play with TGM DEATH setting against me and we will see if TGM is garbage..

13. single-player guideline games are the most pussy broken pieces of fucking tps/tpm/lpm-jerkoff shit

there's absolutely no risk, it's all reward ("thirty seconds in 40lines!!! *fap fap fap*")

who the fuck cares if you can score high if there's no danger involved in doing so?

pure guideline tetris barely even qualifies as a game

14. Yea? I think ive said this in IRC chat before:

Sitting down and playing single player TGM for an hour(s) trying to get to level 999 or score 999,999 points or rank S2 or whatever is easy. EASY. Why do I not care about marathon and expert and all that single player? It is boring. And takes forever. It is not impressive and it is a waste of my time. Side story: When i was around 10 or 11 I remember my mom brought home the original Tetris game on a floppy disc from work. It was the first time I had ever played tetris. I remember trying to score my best, but on the high score tables there were these two people 'Pat' and 'Zahn' from my moms work whose high scores were saved on to the game on the floppy disc. I found their scores unbelievable to me and I was amazed at how they scored that high. Also my older brother who lived at home at the time always kept beating my score and I was never able to beat him because I was young and not that smart. I never beat them and I don't remember what happened until years later after playing so much TetriNET2 that I found the Tetris game again on my pc or on the old floppy or wherever. I played that and crushed Pat and Zahn's score by at least 5,000 or so on the first try as well as my brother's by a large margin. That was the last time I ever really cared about old school score-reaching Tetris like that.

And yes there are risks to playing these games such as losing friends, becoming unsocial, and being labeled as a TGM scrub. You guys aren't talented. K? The better you get at stacking and placement means the faster you can go. You're all slow. I played 20g on tetris splash & tetris ds a lot and it is not that hard at all since I am a fast player. Step up your game thx.

15. Except your single minded view is that speed is all that matters. Which isn't shared by the people who play TGM.

Partially because your speed is optional speed. On LJ you have to play fast for less than a minute. On Shirase you need to keep up an extremely fast speed for five minutes. And you can't slow down on a piece if you want an extra couple of seconds to think. You have to place every single piece quickly or you'll start losing. You can't switch between bursts of 200tpm and 100tpm and then come out at an average of say 170tpm or something. You're forced to keep the speed up without any chance of a breather.
    You're completely misunderstanding TGM if you think it's some score-based version of Tetris. It's not like the shitty guideline marathon modes where the game doesn't really test you at all in terms of difficulty.

And I think Amnesia makes a very good point. I'm pretty close to your skill on multiplayer. I don't give a shit about 40 lines, but I'm not that far away from you on that either. But I don't reckon you could get anywhere close to my scores on any of the TGM leaderboards here.

You don't even need to be a fast player to find them easy. I maxed out the marathon score on Tetris DS long before I was anywhere near even Gm on TGM1.

16. list 3 TGM scores that you want me to come close to.

17. I'll give a mix of programs so you can take your pick.

Blokkendoos Marathon 2 - M (with ARS obviously, but I question if it's even easily possible with SRS)
    TAP Death - 703
    Texmaster Sudden Ti - 896

18. gimme the url to download these
    TAP Death - 703
    Texmaster Sudden Ti - 896

19. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Here's Texmaster.

TAP (Tetris The Absolute The Grand Master 2 PLUS) is an arcade game. You can't legally download it.