Amnesia's revenge is close...

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 23 May 2010.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

2. Super UMAn feat !

3. Ai

Ai

Surprising and cool! ^^

4. i can't wait.

5. wats with the horse head. its in the tgm cabinet pic toooo

6. Aside from the horse's head being a fairly famous internet-Japan thing because of Ine Nakamura, it's something of a TC in-joke because of Jago (K on the forum).

There's a really fucking awesome picture somewhere but I can't find it.

7. but i dont have a horse head, so i can't join in on the meme :(

8. Really it should be reserved for Jago anyway. The true UMA.

9. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

10. omfg is that an arcade stick

11. K

K

WTF ??? :V

12. Damn that horse on two legs scares the shit out of me. Reminds me of a dream I had as a kid where horses became civilized and begun their quest to world domination. they put us in cages and stuff as revenge for what we have done to them. :(

13. did they "ride" you burbruee? :p

14. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

It's a replacement encoder for his FSTE so he can use it, for those who misunderstand the picture.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

We have some big and expensive equipment where I work, so I tried to make something clean for the last touch on my joystick.
    Jago wanted me to burn a knife and attack directely the plastic to make pass this damn USB through the box.
    I chosen the laser cutting machine.

btw : my DEATH 943 went from a test period where I had to hold the panel with my arms while I was playing !!

Last edited: 27 May 2010
  16. Muf

Muf

Why didn't you just solder the FSTE's existing USB cable to the Cthulhu?

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Because it was USB on a side and only cut wire on the other side, and I think that adapting the cut wire to the big USB square female would have been boring.

18. Muf

Muf

You don't need to make a USB plug, just solder the white, green, red and black wires to the corresponding solder holes in the Cthulhu board. And there I thought you'd know this sort of stuff, having an engineering degree and all :rolleyes:.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

There is no point with my engineering degree, this just allows me to assume a job of management today, with a very weak technical side, not to know which wire I have to put at the good location on the CtHulHu card. Now that I have seen that it is simple, I could do the whole stuff by myself I think if I have one day to repeat the maneover.
    It is just a matter of self investisment.
    Personnaly, I am fond of playing but not too much on spending time with my joystick open with every spread part and wires everywhere.
    Then, I always sucked with electronic during my studies.
    Since one day a teacher told me that the current doesn't go from + to - but actually !! it goes from - to + !! but we will continu to consider that he goes from + to - because the first scientist decided it, it became a nightmare and those datas never entered properly in my head.

And finaly, I don't have to give any excuse on the fact that I have in average 1,5 free hours / day and I have to use this moment for my gf, for playing TGM ofcourse or watching a movie.

Maybe you are imagining that your life is hell as well because you are at the end of your studies, with a lot of examinations, lot of works during the night, but trust me, every thing is wrong in your student head, you will know soon how heavy is the life of real work with 12-14h/day for work+transport, only 2 unmovable free day where you have to assume a lot of boring stuff you don't have to think when you are student, no possibility to say a morning "fuck them I won't go to school this morning".

anyway..

20. Muf

Muf

I could've known you'd pull the "free time" card. Seriously, soldering 4 wires to a board takes infinitely less free time than busting a hole in the shell and forcing a USB cable through it, no matter how unskilled you are with a soldering iron. But I should also know that trying to talk sense into you is futile as well.