Challenge: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 8 Apr 2009.

1. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

Then it's not taking into account the effect of the clocks going forward in the summer.

I know I'm right because the game took place at 6pm my time. And I know my time is not GMT but BST, which is GMT+1. Therefore the match was at 7pm GMT+2.

All the times I see on posts are currently out by an hour because they're set to GMT, and I'm currently not GMT.

2. m:)

m:) Unregistered

Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

i sure am glad i do not have DST where i live!

I'm GMT-7 always

3. Muf

Muf

Actually, it is, but in a different way. It doesn't regard DST to be a different timezone, but simply a setting you can toggle.

[​IMG]

4. m:)

m:) Unregistered

it is a misinterpretation of DST, I see this all the time as I live in the MST and we don't switch to MDT, GMT doesn't even know what time it is in my time zone.

I live in mountain standard time, and we do not switch to mountain daylight. so right now I'm in Mountain Standard TIme zone and GMT thinks the time is an hour later then it really is because they switch Mountain Daylight TIme to Mountain Standard Time.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... tain-time/

they're trying to make it easier to understand. they don't want to differentiate between switching zones in the same area.

GMT is outdated UTC is where its at. kinda like TTC
    http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... a/mst.html

5. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

ggs why are you guys talking about time zones on a vs thread? xD

6. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

Ok I just watched the videos. Amnesia can perhaps blame the speed difference on his lack of stick, but he did not lose because of speed alone. He was a very unaggressive player, sending very little garbage. The 2 times he won, Kevin majorly overstacked so it had more to do with Kevin's play than Amnesia's attacking.

I'd say that even if Amnesia was playing even faster, with no misdrops, he would still have lost because he fundamentally ignores multiplayer strategy.

7. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

YOU ARE WRONG !!!!

I WOULD HAVE BLITZED HIM WITH A STICK !! REALIZE THAT AT SOME MOMENTS, I'VE EVEN BEEN FORCED TO SEARCH THE GOOD BUTTON !!

I had no reactivity, no power, I was totaly unconfident in my two hands..I was really AFRAID to stack, I played at 70% of my capacity.. [​IMG]

8. Ai

Ai

Just play a lot of multiplayer games to be more competitive.

At first I thought this game was for the tournament, but it looks like you guys just decided to play each other.

I too have always been told that Belgium is in the GMT+1 timezone and didn't take into account DST.

9. K

K

Shut up, you lose. History know how people win, not how loser lose.
    my sweet love kidney's, come back to poppy...

10. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

I don't understand. Aren't you saying Colour_thief is right?[/i}

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I will remind the story to be sure things are clear..

2 days before the match, I open this thread, that was just for comedy and cinema..At least, I wanted to create a bit of animation, because I like this..2 hours before the match, I was sure to be able to defeat kevin, even now I continu to think it..

1 hour before the match, I open my luggage to plug my stick and start to prepare it (plug, config, checking,etc..), you can not imagine how bad i felt when i realized that I had forgotten the link (xbox/usb) to plug it..And I perfectely knew that I could not give up 1 hour before the RDV. So I played kevin with the keyboard, which is a device I almost never practiced.

Be sure that we will redo a match me and him, when I will be at 100% of my abilities..

What a shame that jono was not here to comfirm, if I had played kevin like I played jono, the result would not be 10-2.. [​IMG]

12. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

Then how do you explain the extremely poor strategic decisions? (Please watch the video before you try to disagree with me.)

13. Re: Amnesia VS Kevin DDR ---> Today 7pm (Fr) !!

Amnesia, stop dreaming. You don't have the skills in 0G multiplayer to beat Kevin. He's a very good player. If it wasn't for him being stupid and stacking too high too often, you wouldn't have won a single game. You wouldn't have even come close to it.
    I think you're overrating speed and stacking ability far too much. Speed helps, but the ability to blitz through garbage is far more valuable in Blockbox rated, and I think Kevin easily outclasses you in that department through experience.

Just like Corrosive can't go from playing only TNET-ish versus to TGM and be good, you can't go from playing only TGM to TNET-ish versus and be good either. I think you need a lot more practice before you can get to Kevin's level.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

MAIS ARRETEZ !!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ha... [​IMG]

15. Muf

Muf

The first step is denial, the second step is aggression... You're getting there, Amnesia [​IMG] You just have three steps left and you're at acceptance [​IMG]