A Question?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by tetrisdude, 2 Oct 2006.

1. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

Where could you find out, how fast someone drops tetrominos...preferribly TDS.

Do u just time your own self...or is there something u could use to time it? [​IMG]

2. In commercial Tetris games you've pretty much got to do the math yourself.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If "somone" is yourself, you could find some game that counts tetrominoes per minute. Most such games are not Tetris brand, as CT points out. If you're going from a video, or you're restricted to Tetris brand games, you could estimate TPM by dividing 3900 by the 25 lines time, dividing 6200 by the 40 lines time, or dividing 4300 by the TGM section time.

4. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

ok, thanks.

5. That depends. In TGM3, unlike other TGM games, triples are given 1 extra level and Tetrises are given 2 extra levels. So in total, a triple will advance the level count by 4 and a Tetris by 6.

6. mat

mat

didn't know that... interesting...

7. K

K

me too...

8. This would understimate unless you finished the section on a bravo. Of you course you can just add on the number of tiles/4 in the well to compensate.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

HOO

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[/quote]That depends. In TGM3, unlike other TGM games, triples are given 1 extra level and Tetrises are given 2 extra levels. So in total, a triple will advance the level count by 4 and a Tetris by 6.

11. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Needle: Thanks for the info.

I already added an estimate of a few blocks left in the field. 3900 = 26 lines, and 6200 = 41.6 lines.

12. yeah, the minimum would be 4285.7. 4300 leaves some to the imagination.

13. K

K

Needle is Japanese... naturally he have played TGM3 [​IMG]

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ha ?

Very good! I've thunk he had noticed in watching the videos..