A little suggestion for the forum

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Altimor, 4 Feb 2008.

1. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

You could add this code to the template to appear on the top every page page;

Code:
    <hide=<object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kw2bDIjA5Fs&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kw2bDIjA5Fs&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>>Music on</hide>
    That would make it so there would be a button right under the user controls to click to make the Tetris them play. Could you do this?[/code]

2. when i try to play it, it starts and then stops and i can't hear anything.

3. Brainstormed

Brainstormed Unregistered

Gay suggestion.

4. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

That's wierd. Works perfectly for me.

5. Muf

Muf

+1

6. maybe it's because i'm in firefox. sometimes i'll find youtube videos will work in ie, but not in firefox.

thanks for the suggestion. we're always trying to improve the site, but the other mods and i decided against it.

7. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Okay. Even in firefox it works perfectly fine for me. Try it without those <hide> tags.

8. alright got it to work. it's kind of iffy territory since ttc supposedly has a sound trademark on that one.

9. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Kalinka/Korobineiki is a folk song. No-one can get copyrights and no-one has them.

10. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

A couple links in the wiki article lead to the USA patent association website. No Kalinka trademark by TTC. [​IMG] Of course, if they get the trademark, we have to take it off.

11. well, they claim they have it on their website, which offers the same youtube video you posted.

12. They also claim to have the rights to the idea of the game (see the cease and desist sent to the author of Quinn if you don't believe me). But that just isn't true...

13. so i guess i can start hosting all sorts of tetris clones, then? nevermind the legal battles ahead. [​IMG]

14. I woulldn't risk it if I were you... remember Tanabe-san's warning...

15. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

Regardless of copyrights and crap, frankly, I think having games/media within a template has become an online cliche. If I want to listen to Tetris music, I can play it on Winamp.

16. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

well i'm not going to go as far as to call the suggestion gay, i am defidently not voting for it.

17. who is tanabe-san, and what did he say?

18. Putting music on a webpage is generally not something of good taste.

19. kbr420