2009 Resolutions

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 1 Jan 2009.

1. - TGM1: GM // Not anytime soon.
    - TAP Master: S4 or more // Or this.
    - TAP Death: 500 or more // I overestimate myself. o.o
    - Special Ti: S7 or more // Ever think you're gonna do well on an exam, and then you get mindblank? Yeah, it's kinda like this.
    - Sudden Ti: None until I break TAP Death torikan // I suck at swearing myself off.
    - Pop'n: Level 35 or more, and reach Extra Stage // Both achieved. Ironically I have not played PoMu in weeks now.

2. I hit all of my goals except for World GM.

Now that Ti is gone, that will never happen.

I'm gonna try to get sub-10 GM in TGM1 by the end of the year. Recent developments might make that a little more feasible and fun to do...

3. Muf

Muf

Not even close... Time to start thinking about 2010.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Middle 2010 :

TGM1 : GM 9:50
    TAP MASTER :M 8:00
    TAP DEATH : GM 6:30
    Tex spe ti : MK 5:30
    Tex sud ti : 1200
    hebo ARS 20G-G4 : MV 5:25
    Hebo DRS 20G-G4 : sub 4:45
    Hebo SRS 20G-G4 : MM sub 6

5. ok, there's no way i'm going to break the torikan by the end of the year. I didn't know how far off i was since I had never even gotten to 500 in the first place xD

my new goal is to get to 500 in TA death with a stick (already done in texmaster on keyboard)

(also another secret project that will be completed by the end of the year, hopefully)

6. I can't speak for the rest, but these sound very reasonable if you buy a stick and find some free time.

But, let's keep this thread 2009. We'll start a new one in the new year. :)

7. COL

COL

death M...

8. I thought I'd get Sudden Ti 500 by the end of the year. I slacked for a little while, then when I felt like getting back into it both of my sticks break. Got a new one on the way, but I'm not sure I'll be able to beat my 412 in 3 weeks.

Edit: Just got 499, maybe 500 isn't that far off.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2009
  9. The secret project (keyblox) has been completed, so whoo~

I actually got 4 seconds away from the torikan on keyboard, so it might actually be possible to hit it if I try enough times. Getting 500 in TA death using stick might be possible if I just play enough games without manual locking and focusing on survival only. Then again, there's only 2 days left...

10. Let's see how I did...

Standard play:
    -Becoming competent at the m-roll. Done. A rather subjective goal, but my MasterO fits the bill for me.
    -Learn to use a Sanwa as well as I use a Seimitsu. Done. And I think it was a move for the better.
    -Qualified M-something in Ti Master. Almost. I'm qualified m9 and have got an M test. It's just a matter of time now.
    -Death Gm under 6 minutes. Almost. I'm 4.20 seconds short of my goal.
    -Ti Easy 1300+. Done. In fact I got 1400+.
    -TGM1 faster than 10:14. Done. In fact I was faster than 10 minutes.
    -Shirase S12 with S10+ being common. Done.
    -TAP Normal 500k+. Failed. I came close a few times, but I didn't even set a new record. I didn't really try hard here...

One-handed resolutions:
    -TGM1 under 12 minutes. Done.
    -TAP Doubles under 6 minutes. Failed. I never found time to attack this challenge, even though I bought a video camera with it in mind.
    -TGM1 double Gm. Abandoned. This is so hard I won't even consider it again unless I vastly improve at TAP Doubles.

Overall I'd say I definitely underperformed my expectations. Mostly this was from lack of trying. I got distracted by some other excellent games like Lode Runner and Geometry Wars, which I definitely don't regret. But it did occupy a lot of my limited free time that would otherwise be spent on TGM.

11. my 2009 resolutions:

TGM1 Gm in less than 11min45: well, I did 11min45.76 ^^
    TAP master M: Done !
    TA Death M: 496 in 3min20 and 500 in 3min29 with a lot of time lost at the end of the three first sections :'(
    Train on m-roll: did train a bit ^^

12. Ai

Ai

Initial resolutions from last year

Updated resolutions from last summer

The good

All initial TGM and TAP resolutions cleared rather convincingly. Same goes for the updated ones from last summer except for TAP T.A. Death.

The bad

Haven't played Ti clones at all apart from a few hours very early last year.

The ugly

Barely touched LJ and other time attack modes. Neither did I spent much time playing multiplayer. What is SRS? Still haven't tried mastering ST stacking either. Ah procrastination...

Overall assessment

Can't really complain. Some games and modes were neglected, but it was all for the better. I realized early on that I had to focus on something to get better at it. Hopefully I'll be able to do more things at the same time this year. The turning point last year was without a doubt the moment when I got S9 in TGM. Progress was very fast after that.

Best achievements from last year

1. TGM GM in 11:19:38 and the first GM will always be special
    2. TAP Master S9 in 10:07:40
    3. TWCCS total clear time under 4 minutes

I've done other things I'm proud of like getting S8 in TGM REV Big mode and clearing TAP Normal Big mode. The biggest disappointment would be not being able to do better in TAP Normal. I played it quite a bit and did phenomenal things in Texmaster Novice.

It'll be virtually impossible for this year to be even better. I'll think carefully on what to do next with the little time I have.

And Happy New Year everyone!! ^^

Last edited: 1 Jan 2010