2009 Resolutions

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 1 Jan 2009.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

you have to wait until next year [​IMG]

2. So! We're half way through the year. Time to see how people are doing with their goals.

m-roll: I'm better but I've slacked a bit here. I'm pretty sure I'll get TAP Master GM before the year is out but I've got to start working harder if I want to be competent at m-roll in general.

Sanwa: I'm now completely comfortable with a Sanwa stick and might even prefer it for TGM.

Qualified M-something: I've made half my progress towards this. I'm m9 with one more grade to go. I don't think I can make the rest without getting better at the m-roll.

Sub 6 minute Death GM: I'm really close at 6:04, but I haven't pushed for this since the carnival of death. Hopefully I'll make time for another major push before the year is out, but I'm happy with this for now and have other challenges I want to conquer.

Ti Easy 1300+: I'm damn close, and can probably pull this off after my next push. I've grown to enjoy this mode a lot and my ambitions are much greater, so I think I'll easily meet this before the year is up.

TGM1 faster than 10:14 is DONE!

Shirase S12 with S10+ being common: I'm almost there, and think I will be at my current rate of improvement.

TAP Normal 500k+: I haven't touched this mode yet this year. :oops: But I don't think it will present much of a challenge to me.

And one-handed resolutions...

TGM1 under 12 minutes: DONE! Required little effort and I could do sub 11 if I cared to try some more.

TAP Doubles under 6 minutes: This is something else I haven't touched this year, but it's definitely not easy. I'm still highly motivated to improve it, though I'll have to start working on it soon.

TGM1 double Gm: This is an awesome idea, but after trying a little I realise it is intensely difficult and beyond my current abilities. Maybe next year...

3. 1) I got 10 more Death M during the Carnival, so I'd say that was a success.
    2) Unfortunately, I haven't gotten close to 600 again yet.
    3) ~10:45 TGM1 GM on keyboard, but I'd like sub-11 on stick as well.
    4) Hahaha, no.
    5) Yes, on keyboard.
    6) Made impossible due to non-Tetris-related circumstances outside my control. :<
    7) TGM, TAP, and Ti Secret S9. I've come within a single cell of GM on two occasions with Ti rules in Blockbox.

B) I went to SakuraCon to play TGM3 and hang out with the Seattle crew. It was awesome.

4. Ai

Ai

TGM: Done! Will try to get sub 12 minutes since I did in Texmaster Normal.
    TAP Normal: Done! Will try to get closer to 450.000.
    TAP Master: Will try to get S6 asap. S7/8 OL should be possible this year.
    TAP T.A. Death: Done! Need to play faster and try to get to 500.
    LJ 40 lines: Still a very long way to go. Will at least try to get as close as possible.
    LJ 180 seconds: Difficult, but I've shown I can do it if I try harder.

Only one TGM related resolution left to clear. ^^

I'll play more Ti style games the second half of the year and try to get better at multiplayer.

This is how I'd like my sig to look like at the end of the year:

LJ 40 lines 39.99 160.00TPM - 100 lines 1:45.00 - 180s 45.000
    TGM GM - 20G GM - REV S4 - BM S9 - BM 20G S6 - BM REV S8
    TAP Normal 450000 - Master S8 OL - TGM+ 700 - Death T.A. 500
    TM Nov 600000 - Nor GM - Adv 700 - Spe S8 OL - Sud 500 - SpeTi M1 - SudTi 500

^^

5. Oh man. So far away from almost all of mine. Sudden Ti 1000 with a keyboard is beaten, but not with a VSHG.

Should be OK though. I'm halfway through my year in terms of days, but considering time I actually have to play Tetris and the impact University has, I'm probably not even one quarter done.

6. lol...

7. Well, focus has been mainly on Special Ti, and I'll keep it that way since I find it the most interesting.
    I'm still only S3, and I feel that I'm becoming faster when I look back at some videos from 6 months ago.
    Beating 600 is right around the corner for sure, and hopefully it'll keep getting better.

If you click the link in my quote you see that I was on a long break from Texmaster for the last couple of months, but I'm coming back and I got S3 today and I get to 500 quite often now..

I still hope I can get one of the mX grades, and there's still plenty of time. But my main goal for now is to be able to reach level 999.

Earning the m-grades. Is it possible with normal staff-roll or does it need to be invisible roll? (all section cool!!s + internal grade 27, right?)

8. As far as Tetris goes, I was stomped HARD by "RSI" (rsi in quotes because...it was interesting) but fortunately it's basically GONE now. yay.

So the one tetris session per day thing failed miserably since I was pretty much -forced- to take an extended break from all gaming period, and most computing. It sucked.
    I received my arcade stick, so that's going nicely. I'm very comfortable with it too, although of course doubletaps and such are a lot harder.
    Typomino still needs some work, I haven't really worked at it for a looong time.

As for other goals, I got through Trauma center (yay) and played through all of the Tohou games (once). I'm sucking at starcraft now, after not having played in 3 months, but I might possibly think about that soon. Amazing mirror I haven't started. Super Star Ultra I haven't OPENED. I also have henry hatsworth to try out. No plans for any more metroid speedruns yet.

on a somewhat related note I've started making steps toward learning colemak...o_o...

Back ontopic, I need to do the following things now:
    -Learn high-speed 20G finesse. That means no double-taps, and.....as much as I hate to admit it, no triple-rotates (noooooo!!!!!!!!!).
    -TA Death M is definitely possible by the end of the year if I work at it.
    -Start learning 0G finesse (groan)

9. It is time for an epic bump.

Just minutes ago, I have achieved a Secret Grade GM with TGM3 rules in Blockbox. I know I joked that my New Year's Resolution was to get it with TGM/TAP rules, but this is such an amazing -- possibly historic? -- occasion that I believe I can cross it off of my list.

I'm going to have to hook up my desktop to screen capture it and put it on YouTube. Until I can arrange that, the replay ID is 39538.

EDIT:
    It is so beautiful.

10. Ai

Ai

Just saw the replay. That is indeed very awesome and done very fast too. It would have been perfect if you managed to fill the entire top row.

Someone needs a new avatar! ^^

As for me I never really tried playing for a secret grade. Looks intimidating to me.

11. That's awesome Kitaru! Now good luck with your remaining goals. :D

12. Oh wow, I could have sworn I posted in this thread but didn't... anyway, this is what I'd like to do before the end of the year:

1. TAP S9. (now: S7)
    2. Death 500. (now: 440)
    3. TGM1 Gm in under 12:00 11:20. (now: 12:11)

At this time last year I was S1 in TAP and hit 300 on Death and that was a total fluke. I think all this is doable.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2009
  13. Just 2 months left, time to start cramming guys!

I should have probably added a comma in that last sentence...

14. gahhh yeah i need to get cracking on that death M rank.

though, I'm doing superbly in typomino. sub-1 minute!!!

15. I've not played tetris all summer.
    Abandoned Ti modes, and since last week all my focus will be 100 % on TAP modes and will go through with that for the rest of the year.
    (Hey! I've already broken 300 on T.A Death, which I consider good progress, though I've yet to get S1 in Master.)

16. Okay, October 31. Let's see if I've made all these yet.

17. Ai

Ai

From earlier this year:

I cleared all the original TGM and TAP related resolutions. As for LJ, multiplayer and Ti... Well I felt l like it would hurt the progress I was making in TGM and TAP so I barely played those. I'm afraid those modes will have to wait untill next year. I especially regret not playing the Ti clones.

The updated resolutions from this summer:

Getting over 450000 in TAP Normal will be done no matter what. TAP Master S9 is also an absolute must. Death 500 isn't necessary yet. Obtaining Death M and serious Ti progress will be a major focus next year.

The red won't happen.

18. S8 in TAP and I dunno if I'm gonna improve that since the best I've been able to get since was a green line S6. I haven't improved in Death at all. I still have 24 seconds to drop in TGM1...

This is gonna be real hard to make.

19. [​IMG]

arghhh

20. Jeez, all I'd said was that I wanted TGM1 Gm. I've blown through that and gotten all the way up to S8 in TAP Master now.

And I don't even think at that point that I'd entertained the thought of close-calling the Sudden Ti torikan as I recently have...