2009 Resolutions

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 1 Jan 2009.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

that would be sweet. is it possible to get the same piece sequence in both games, or would they be different? in any case it would be tough to complete in under 13:30.

2. I think the game only lets you start them 1 frame apart, so they would have a different seed. Which is good! It would be way too easy otherwise.

3. Welp, you have the "orange curse" too? Well, orange was able to pull himself out of his TGM/TAP rut, and so can you.
    [​IMG]
    You gotta believe! Hahaha.

Anyhow, I'm happy to say I accomplished one of my 2008 resolutions -- that being a successful Death M. I'd like to be able to consistently get these, but I haven't _quite_ been able to get one since.

Goals:
    +More TA Death M!
    +Reach at least Death 600
    +Sub-11min TGM1 GM
    +TAP Master M...?
    +Finish Doubles alone!
    +Finish Doubles with girlfriend. :3
    +TGM/TAP SECRET GRADE GM, hahahaha. (More of a joke goal, but man would this be rad.)

...and for a semi-related goal:
    +Make it out to Washington to play TGM3!

4. 33.xx 40 line

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

TGM : GM sub 8:30
    TAP Master : GM orange sub 7
    TAP DEATH : GM sub 4:30
    Special ti MM sub 4:30
    Sudden ti 1300 sub 4:30
    40 lines sub 25

Is it too confident ? [​IMG]

6. 2008 Accomplishments:

Learned ARS.
    Started playing Tetris "seriously"
    Passed level 999 in NDS_TGM.

2009 Resolutions: (Nothing too out there)

Get better at TAP. I'm terrible without a hold piece.
    Work on overhangs. Goes with above.
    Get sub minute 40 lines times consistently.

T-Spin Double Consistently in a match. (I'm not a big SRS guy, but I do want to be able to do much better in multiplayer)

Nothing too hard or out there. I'm not able to play Tetris as much as I used to be able to.

7. - TGM1: GM
    - TAP Master: S4 or more
    - TAP Death: 500 or more
    - Special Ti: S7 or more
    - Sudden Ti: None until I break TAP Death torikan
    - Pop'n: Level 35 or more, and reach Extra Stage

8. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. K

K

Yo,
    My resolution for 2008 were mostly to get Death Gm and Master Gm, things i got quite really lately [​IMG]
    my main objectives for 2009 stay on TAP.

- TAP master Gm orange line.
    - TAP Master mode l999 under 7:50
    - TAP Death mode under 6 min.

concerning M-Roll, i'm happy now and of course a 2nd one would confirm my skill, but i can't stay satisfied with that.
    I don't just wanna be the "french guy who was the first foreigner who did it" shit.
    I took the red pill long time ago, but now i want to read the matrix. [​IMG]
    I want to become insanely good in M-Roll. I want, and i'm training for it.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

jago, at this day you should still not able to pass the shirase 500, but you could defeat everybody, even digital on special ti or TI Master..
    With a MO or MV.. [​IMG]
    Think about it please..

11. QFT. There's like what? three times as many Classic GMs than World GMs, so statistically World is harder! [​IMG]

Oh yeah, and maybe I'll shoot for 200TPM in forty lines. I don't know. My Tetris libido has taken a nose dive lately.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

After my first TAP Master Gm, I think that making 3 World Gm on heboris in a day won't be that hard..

13. my resolutions:
    TGM1 Gm in less than 11min45
    TAP master M
    TA Death M
    Train on m-roll

14. sub40 40 lines.
    that is all.

15. 300 TPM

- Jono

16. m1 or higher, that would be a good start to something great.

EDIT: Yeah, alright I've decided that I'm going to train A LOT this year. So hard in fact that I've created a little something in Mirosoft Excel.
    Here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... NVJ_WEf6XA

Right, so at the moment there are three little tabs; TGM, TAP and TI. (I'll add T.A Death and Shirase later on)
    I will add in every game that I play on a day, (well, most of the better ones at least) and by midnight or so I'll add the best run of the day to the right. By the end of the month I'll add my best run of the month to the right of that.

I might change things around, concerning layout and such, this is just a first draft.

Anyway, the point of this is 1) to keep me playing and training hard. Maybe not every day, there are always periods of time when you take a break from a game for a few weeks or something else gets in the way.
    2) keep statistics of my progress and see how much I can improve over a year. (my goal at the moment is at least S9 for TGM, I should be able to as soon as i learn to survive.. I might reach GM. For TAP S6/S7 or something and TI I shall have m1 or higher. ) It will be interesting to see if I can make it in a year. [​IMG]
    3) make a nice little chart eventually of the progress I've made.

Oh, and I use images from the real arcade games, but all will be played on Texmaster so that I can easily grab a replay if needed.
    I'm already making progress in surviving, I'm getting closer to surviving first 500 levels of Special Ti. (did it once too)

17. I already beat one of my resolutions, which was to get to 999 in Special Ti with my VSHG.
    Now my goal is to get at least M6.

18. My main resolution is to get Gm in TGM1. I'm not playing any major TAP until I do this.
    A sub-resolution of this is that I have to learn how to survive in 20G much better than I am already.

19. Since I'm now Gm in 10min50, I'm getting a new resolution: under 10min20