2008 TGM Census

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 4 Jan 2009.

1. Here's a little something I thought might be neat. I put it together with the magic of the wayback machine. If people find it interesting we could even make it a yearly thing. It's a chance to see how we've grown and matured as a community. It's not perfect, because it relies on leaderboard participation, but I think it's good enough to get a general idea.

[​IMG]

Our player base grew from 38 to 59. Welcome new players! May you all become grandmasters some day. [​IMG]
    Code:
    Ai
    Baxter
    Billmaan
    deepdorp
    DeHackEd
    DumbledorsArmy
    edo
    elph
    Gaby
    gs68
    Lion
    m:)
    Meroigo
    mufunyo
    mushroom
    Nooshak
    radish
    rednefed
    shoryu
    statikeffect
    wksrdg

The number of Gm players increased from 21 to 35. We have almost as many Gm players now as we did total players last year! Hats off to the new grandmasters:
    Code:
    Baxter
    Billmaan
    Bou
    deepdorp
    DeHackEd
    edo
    EIHoppe
    Ex Mosquito
    Gila
    Lion
    mushroom
    PetitPrince
    rednefed
    statikeffect

[​IMG]

Our player base grew from 33 to 50. Welcome new players!
    Code:
    (RA)Red Star
    Ai
    batmann
    Billmaan
    deepdorp
    DeHackEd
    edo
    EIHoppe
    floc4
    gs68
    kira
    LordPie
    mushroom
    rednefed
    shoryu
    sjoecool1991
    Xkeeper

In the master ranks we have little movement. Jago achieved Gm for the first time and colour_thief achieved M for the first time. May many follow!

[​IMG]

Ever the attractive challenge, our player base increased from 39 to 57. Welcome new players!
    Code:
    -jay-
    (RA)Red Star
    Ai
    Baxter
    DDRKirby(ISQ)
    deepdorp
    DeHackEd
    edo
    EIHoppe
    Gila
    gs68
    kira
    L0st
    LorpPie
    mushroom
    necrosaro
    NoTGhost
    rednefed

We have 4 new M players. Congratulations!
    Code:
    DeHackEd
    edo
    Kitaru
    Rosti LFC

And 2 new Gm players!
    Code:
    colour_thief
    Jago

Last edited: 8 Jan 2010
  2. Man, I should play some TAP and get some leaderboard-worthy scores.

TAP Master is so frustrating though... I must learn to overhang! [​IMG]

3. Muf

Muf

Damnit! I knew I should've posted in the TAP Master & Death leaderboards [​IMG]

4. m:)

m:) Unregistered

I'm one of the noobs [​IMG]

what a great game! i didn't know they could improve the tetris formula to such an extent. coming from a history of nintendo tetris i almost feel ripped off :/
    those of you who have made the GM grade have some serious tetris skillz.

5. Ai

Ai

Interesting thread and good work.

Never too late to join. I haven't played TAP Master as much as I wanted. Normal mode and Death T.A. are the game modes where I spend most of my time when playing TAP.

6. Nice work c_t. I like seeing things like this. I've been on a hiatus from Tetris for a while now. I needed a break. I hope to get on that GM list someday...

7. Muf

Muf

I'll make it a new year's resolution to put myself on the TAP Master & Death leaderboards before colour_thief posts the 2009 TGM Census thread [​IMG]

8. I said I'd put myself up on the Master list when I got a new record, but it hasn't happened yet =P

9. 2005 was the year I started playing Tetris(GB) seriously. (thanks to Spectre's videos) This year was seriously scary as I got so addicted to such an old game.. I played at least 5 hours every day on my GBC or GBASP. I saw blocks both when I was awake and sleeping. I dreamt of tetris and I even started to notice some Tetris-shaped furniture in school or other places. Also during an English test in school I closed my eyes to think for a while and blocks started falling down in my mind. And kept doing so even after opening my eyes again. Addiction was a fact.[​IMG]
    2006 was the year I started playing Tetris DS seriously as well as find some nice clones thanks to this forum.
    2007 was a year with very little Tetrising as my DS died in the spring, later during the year I played some heboris with TDS rules for a couple of weeks and then I forgot about it.
    2008 was the year I started playing seiously again, this time focused primarily on TGM and it's clones. It was also the first time I played with MAME and started to keep statistics.

2008 was also the year I got my first stick (Hori FS3)

But, I was still not satisfied with my progress. I've said to myself that I will not post
    in the Records section until I can get in the high S-ranks of TAP Master.
    My best has been an S4 in Texmaster I think, I want S7 at least before I post. [​IMG]

Hopefully in 2009 I'll make it to the high S, or even reach M, it's a long year after all..

10. Ai

Ai

I was wondering if this will be updated? Do you save the leaderboards at the start of each year colour_thief? If so can you share those of previous years if you still have them? ^^

11. I've completed this for 2009, did it new year's day even. I was just waiting for pici.se to go back online. And it has! So I should post it after work tonight.