TGM4

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jkwon23, 28 May 2016.

1. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

snapping back when needed works fine for fighting games. no so fine for pinball or tetris.

play a worst case game on real hardware with a CRT, like battletoads or the tyson fight in mike tyson's punch-out, and compare it vs a pc emulator. those are good lag tests.

2. I really hope we have good news about TGM4 on February.

3. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

me too. i still want to know what happened to the english tgm3 that was talked about earlier

4. What's happening in February?

Qlex, colour_thief and Archina like this.
  6. Backing this up, but also reality checking that if and when TGM4 happens it won't be released on Vista laptops with custom JAMMA hacks. I bet that TGM3 had negligible lag until they ported it to Type X and TGM4 could yet share that same fate.

7. Let's hope they won't then

8. Oh, I was so excited to hear about gsync and freesync until I saw it was just a fix to make games that can't keep up with vsync play without drawing twice, and that drawing twice is still a forced option by the graphics driver/card and not by the game.

When will a PC ever be able to play without lag? The only PC I have ever seen that was lagfree was the original XBox, if you count that one as a PC. It runs with almost everything like a PC, with a modified Windows 2000 kernel, nVidia graphics drivers built-in, but no VGA though.

Oh yea, and on-topic: TGM4 is great (I saw it on Youtube), hope it will be released soon!