Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. [​IMG]

It's about time I make it at home.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
    TAP Master mode rules : 

1 : Finish the game at lv. 999 
    2 : Reach lv. 999 under 8:45:00 
    3 : Reach lv. 999 with the S9 rank 
    4 : Do the first 5 sections (000-500) under 1:05:00 
    5 : Do the last section (900-999) under 0:45:00 
    6 : Do at least 2 tetrises in the 5 first sections (000-500) 
    7 : Do at least 1 tetrises in the 4 following sections (500-900) 
    8 : Survive the invisible section at the staff roll during 1min 
    Is it good? [​IMG]
    Jago I tried to make a short list of the rules next to the ranking table as you asked me few weeks ago..But I am not sure..

Look at this : (performed thank to the cheat, with only "I"..

I am sure I have respected the 7 first conditions but no invisible challenge.. [​IMG]

3. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Amnesia, the conditions for the m-roll are more subtle than those stated by LOst. I don't know the exact details, but I think that a section time must not be much slower than the previous one. For example, 900-999 cannot be more than 2 seconds slower than 800-900, and 800-900 cannot be more than 2 seconds slower than 700-800. Reset your section time records using Maintenance Code: 4-1-7-6-5, and then try again. If you don't get the instant invisible challenge, check your times, I can guarantee it's because you slowed down a lot from one section to the next.

4. Note that reseting the section time records affects all the players on your TAP system... Which is a wierd condition for m-roll achieved by 1 player?

Also being forced to outperform previous section times must have the same effect while cheating as when playing. I am sure Amnesia went for the fastest finish time while cheating. He still has to beat a hidden section time limit of 1 min and 5 seconds.

Section times are compared once entering a new section, and when entering level 999. The current section time is compared to a constant value. I haven't found any evidence that the game is checking previous section times, or the section time records as you claim. But as you said, "I don't know the exact details". If you feel like owning me, just give me an inp file showing a failure of "just" your described condition. Something I doubt you will be able to do.

I promise you that if there is another condition, I will most likely find it in a near future. But for the already stated conditions by me, they are correct.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I read it as if your own 700-800 time is 46 seconds, your own 800-900 time can't be longer than 48 seconds. Clearing the section time records just helps you diagnose this problem.

6. ok

7. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Thanks for re-phrasing, that's exactly what I meant.

LOst, my apologies if I've offended you, I realise you must be proud of discovering the m-roll conditions, and I didn't intend to dispute your claims. I didn't think it was worth recording an "only I piece cheat" video, but I hope you find this useful:

I played through the game using only I pieces, and made a save state in the final section so I could go back and complete it slightly slower.

8. With a replay similar to Edo's S9, I'm sure we could learn the exact conditions inhibiting M/Gm here. As well as any further unknown conditions in surrounding code. Any volunteers?

9. Yes that is helpful [​IMG]

Being able to find one more condition is not the same as correcting someone elses found conditions. It sounded for a while like you stated that I was incorrect in some way. Thank you for your clarification!

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]
    Like Jago told me at the meeting in his flat..

" Conditions doesn't matters..When you are enough strong you get the m rank.."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Heuy c_t ! [​IMG]
    My first "good" master mode almost completed with one hand!

I think I could finish the last section but in starting low.. [​IMG]

12. That's crazy! Are you playing one-handed with arcade sticks? And 2 sticks for Doubles? Even if it's keyboard though, well done.

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I have actually the bou's stick in my flat! [​IMG]
    And they are the same model!

My current best are :

TGM: S7

TAP MASTER: S4

TAP DEATH: ~330

TAP DOUBLE: 217 - 219

Baw.. [​IMG] It is funny..I do that only when I am too tired to do other thing..Or to impress girls.. [​IMG]

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c82t3g

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Juste to show you I am not joking c_t..

Don't worry you stay 2nd today yet..

VOUS ALLEZ BIENTOT VOIR CE QUE JE PEUX FAIRE EN MASTER MODE LES GARS !!!!!!!!!

15. mat

mat

09:04:18

not a significant improvement, but at least it shows i'm trying [​IMG].

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

OOuuuFFFfff... [​IMG]
    When I saw your name on this topic, I though : "No..He did it.."

[​IMG] Well done!

You know I though a lot about your skill in Master mode matt, and I am sure you will never be the 3rd any more.. [​IMG]
    The keyboard offers a lot of advantages : mainly the precision, but you will never perform the "drop/lock" as fast as me, jago and c_t..

How many time do you do usually at lv. 500 ?

No pb in TGM1 and TAP Death of course.. [​IMG]

17. mat

mat

i screwed up and deleted my inp file... so we'll never know how fast my 500 was, but i will tell you that i'm getting early sections consistently under 1 minute. 58 0-100 on that game if i remember correctly, and i don't feel that the up down is limiting my game in any significant way, i do it in one motion anyway.

18. I don't see how a joystick can be that much faster than simply flicking my finger off the up key onto the down in one movement. Certainly not enough to make a difference compared to other ways to play faster (finesse, no mistakes, x99 line clears etc).

19. AT LAST I HAVE BEATEN S4

[​IMG]

Really annoying thing is that I could have done even better. The nerves sort of got to me when I hit S4, because I was on a really good run and the level was pretty low. Then mistakes slowed me down and brought me to the top half of the field, and I was really just trying to recover after that.

20. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

The up down motion can be remedied quite easily as it's just an inconvenient hard drop. However, finesse with firm drop and ARS is a different matter. The real advantage joysticks have over keyboards is the ability to perform zangi placements with one swift motion. You now not only have free-fall finesse and wallkick finesse, but also zangi finesse. jin8 gracefully demonstrated all three of these in his GM video.

EDIT:

Here are some diagrams showing these.

http://fumen.zui.jp/?v095@TeF3gbB3gbI3g ... Gob4GIc2YB

Slides 1-2 = Freefall

Slides 3-5 = Wallkick

Slides 6-8 = Zangi