Wiki Animated gif proposition

Thread in 'Discussion' started by K, 5 Apr 2006.

1. K

K

hello, i've developped several month ago "The-TOOL"

this is an advanced application for specific Tetris game animated gif creation...

originaly designed for TGM, it can be used for every Tetris game since All shapes can be customisable...

here is an little example done in less than 10 min

[​IMG]

unfortunately the animated gif created can't be read correctly by IE (tempo playback slow), but is perfect if you are using firefox.

interested Nick ?

2. the wiki could certainly use something like this. it would need to use generic graphics, though-- no ripped, copyrighted playfield/tetrominoes. the ie thing kind of puts me off, though. most of the people who visit the site use ie. very interesting, though.

3. Thats pretty dam cool. I like it.

- Jono

4. K

K

yop,

some other cool stuff :

* you can save your work and came back later for optimisation or modification.

* control button and pad can be displayed for exact movements

* all shapes can be modified for the need like "copyright respect".

you can get further screen example here :

http://www.the-shell.net/the_tool.html

oh, and by the way, there is no bug with IE, this is just that this browser simply don't respect the delay playback... so nobody will notice anything..

5. K

K

ok,

made some modification stuff... and it look a lot more "generic".... but no ripped, copyrighted media anyway.

[​IMG]

6. very cool. does it come in white? ;b

7. K

K

hmmm,

yes it can be, but after small changes, a lot of Alpha problems appeared cause the black background was useful for some special-merging-image-stuff...

ok i will make some correction again into the source code for a better support of multi-colored background...

btw, any other stuff, before i start ? [​IMG]

8. i can't think of anything-- but you don't have to change anything, either. i mean, if black's better for you, then it's better.

9. K

K

10. K

K

oook,

[​IMG]-------[​IMG]

there is some display glitch on the color certainly i've used a too stronger crop color for file output size, anyway you can "clearly" see that color are not as visible as the black background, and you can't use color variant....

11. i think it wouldn't look so bright if a-- the blocks weren't disjointed and b-- the outside frame was contrasting more (black?). you really don't need anything fancy. i just used plain as could be colors for the wiki template.

12. K

K

what do you mean by "outside frame" ? the Tetrion ?

13. what's a tetrion???

he means the box that surrounds the game (eg. that is red in TAP in death mode)

14. K

K

[​IMG]
    ooook !

Tetrion = "the box that surrounds the game (eg. that is red in TAP in death mode)"

this is the appelation from TTC, and always the explicit "short" name i use and refer on my sourceCode.

15. K

K

Draft TGM legend (only French) :

http://www.the-shell.net/tgm_legend.html

ok, i don't want to be rude or something, about the tetris Wiki color sheme, but it's just that the black background is better for color contrasting.

- setting the Tetrion = Black and background=white will not improve lisibility of tetromino/block color sheme.

- Plain color for block as actually used in the wiki template, is not good for quick evaluation of stack thickness, and merged identical tetromino.

it is not that i particularly "like" fancy stuff, but technicals possibilities of this tool can produce interesting animation (with a Pro feeling) and we are not limited by bandwidth like 10 years ago.

Actually people don't like to read. Even if we are on a Technical/gameplay Tetris analyse Site, Animation is good and it's up to you to choose witch kind of public you want to hit.

16. it's all up to you, man. whatever works-- works.

and i hadn't heard "tetrion" in forever. nice little glossary you have. you forgot "mino." ;b

but again, you're right about one thing. there's a certain aesthetic-usability principle, which states that if a person sees an application as more attractive, they'll interpret it as more usable.

17. K

K

rolforfl

yeah certainly i'm the only one, but this name is really handy on source code designation...

18. K

K

hmm, ok finally this should be a good compromise :

[​IMG]

19. wow, looks nice.