Wii Fighting Stick !

Thread in 'Discussion' started by herc, 23 Aug 2007.

1. Is there any true arcade games for the Wii apart from Metal Slug Anthology ?

2. I hear Metal Slug Anthology is a bit of a freak show as it doesn't support true digital input.. which means it probably won't work with this stick.

But..

[​IMG]

.. is on the release schedule for Virtual Console.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/features/ ... nsole.html

3. Oh, I forgot the VC. Street Fighter et cetera.

4. I want one

Does it match up to the VSHG/HFS3?

5. AFAIK, Fighting Sticks are known to not use Sanwa sticks [​IMG]

6. I doubt it.. it's like $30-40 cheaper.

7. I already preordered it a month ago @ play-asia for vc gaming. I still have a $5 discount coupon if anyone is interested?

8. Been playing with it. Connecting my wiimote to the pc using bluetooth and scripted keymappings for the stick using glovepie. Now i can play tgm1 with it [​IMG]

9. I have one on the way too, but I'm very sceptical about it after seeing the internals.

Proprietary Hori stick inside the Fighting Stick Wii:

[​IMG]

Arcade grade Sanwa stick inside the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3:

[​IMG]

.. I definitely would've preferred if they released a Real Arcade Pro for Wii instead, but I suppose the Fighting Stick will do in the meantime.

10. JDash247

JDash247 Unregistered

I Think the only reason they are putting the Wii Fighting stick up for sale is because of the future release of Gulity Gear XX Accent Core. It will be useful for other games on VC but I don't see any other uses. Oh, its the exact same as the Fighting Stick 3 and the Fighting Stick EX2, they are apart of the same family, meaning same parts.

11. Do I see the buttons soldered straight to the PCB in that photo (more visible in ggl08.jpg) ? That ain't gonna last...

12. JDash247

JDash247 Unregistered

Yes, the buttons are soldered on. That is the problem with their Fighting Stick line. All of the parts are their cheap hori parts which don't last, and are an ass to modify.

13. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

How is the actual feel of the Hori Fighting Stick? Is it as smooth as what you'd get with actual arcade sticks like the Sanwa ones? Or does it feel.. plasticky? Buttons? Mashable?

I'm terrified because of the price. Need to know what it's worth.

Else, might aswell get the USB VSHG [​IMG]

14. JDash247

JDash247 Unregistered

It feels decent. I mean, the stick is not sanwa and the button arent either, but its great for its price. But my recommendation is to get an HRAP and get an pelican converter. That way your stick can work on the Ps1,Ps2,Ps3, and PC.

15. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Well, usage for this Fighting Stick was mainly for Wii and PC use. Am gonna do what webby does, and get some serious Tetris on [​IMG]

I wouldn't mind getting the better ones, but the only reason I'm holding out, it's because it's only gonna be used for the PC.

Thanks for the feedback, MIGHT get one if the funds are right. Or if they are available locally [​IMG]

16. JDash247

JDash247 Unregistered

What games on the wii are going to be useful with an arcade stick?

17. Metal Slug Anthology and Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core come to mind. Some Virtual Console stuff such as Gradius III would be enjoyable with a stick as well.

18. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Brawl for one, if anyone ever gets around to making a controller that includes a so-called 49-way joystick.

19. As far as I know.. Metal Slug Anthology is not playable with the Fighting Stick Wii. It doesn't support the classic controller.