Which Tetris PC/Xbox360 game is most similar to Tetris DS?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by da233, 6 Nov 2007.

1. da233

da233 Unregistered

Gameplay wise, regardless of whether or not Tetris DS may be a bad game in some of your opinions - which Tetris game for the PC or Xbox 360 is the most similar to Tetris DS in terms of gameplay modes, and more importantly, has a similar "feel/touch"? As in, the way the tetriminos drop, how fast, etc.

A similar scoring system is important too.

Thanks in advance ^^

2. if you mean only licensed games:

PC: Tetris Online Japan with previews and hold unlocked

3. da233

da233 Unregistered

Doesn't really have to be a licensed game. Just want a game that feels similar to Tetris DS that I can play on the PC. Got a link for Tetris online Japan?

4. ok then, trust me, you don't want Tetris Online Japan, unless you want to play online

otherwise, get Lockjaw or Heboris UE, they can be customized to act similar to Tetris DS

I don't know much about the 360 games (Evolution and Splash)

5. schnappy

schnappy Unregistered

you could run tetris DS with no$gba (gba/ds emulator for windows)

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

if you're looking for multiplayer, sadly there isn't anything to my knowledge on PC that compares to Tetris DS. hopefully they're cooking something up at tetrisonline.com.

i think Tetris Splash and Tetris Evolution on Xbox 360 are similar to TDS. at the moment i bet more people are playing Splash.

7. da233

da233 Unregistered

Actually I don't care about multiplayer. I just want something I can play to practice until I can get a Nintendo DS, that's why I want it to be similar to the DS in terms of scoring and feel.

I actually tried looking for the emulator stuff but I couldn't find a Tetris DS rom [​IMG]

8. jujube

jujube Unregistered

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

10. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If you have installed Lockjaw and you want behavior mostly similar to TDS, here are the lines in Options that you should change after installation:
    • Lock delay: 30 frames (500 ms)
    • Line clear delay: 30 frames (500 ms)
    • Scoring: TDS
    • Drop scoring: Soft x1, Hard x2
    • Sideways speed: 1/5G
    • Initial rotation: Off
    • Allow diagonal motion: On
    • Soft drop speed: 1G
    • Next pieces: 6
    Then as you get good at this, increase the garbage level.

11. I thought that the line clear delay was higher...