which hand-held version is the best?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jimevans_2000, 28 Nov 2007.

1. jimevans_2000

jimevans_2000 Unregistered

My wife and I for a few years used the Radica Big Screen Tetris and enjoyed it, but I'm wondering if there's a better hand-held version out there. We misplaced the one we had [​IMG] and she's requested a new one for Christmas.

Thanks,

Jim

2. If by handheld you don't include game consoles (Game Boy, Nintendo DS, PSP, etc) as opposed to dedicated hardware (Radica games), I guess your only choice is the Radica version. Otherwise, get a Nintendo DS and Tetris DS.

3. jimevans_2000

jimevans_2000 Unregistered

4. I'll pick up these every once in a while, and I'd suggest two things: 1. get the newest one available, and 2. get the one with good buttons. the ones i've picked up before don't adhere well to the tetris guidelines, so i don't recommend them, and also, there's a few out there with really horrible buttons, and that totally ruins the gameplay for me.

i haven't played tetris gold by radica yet, but it definitely looks like your best bet. stay away from fliptop tetris.

5. jujube

jujube Unregistered

sorry, gotta disagree with you on this one. there are a couple things i like about it:

1. the top not only flips, it swibels.

2. it has a light for indoor play, for when you get tired of going outside to play tetris.

3. Radica doesn't mind taking credit for the worldwide popularity of tetris.

find out more here.