where to find shmupmametgm ?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by tet2brik, 4 Jan 2011.

1. Hi,

As i read in this forum, a lot a people play TGM1 using shmupmametgm.
    Where can i download it ? (i googled it but didn't find any link :confused:).

Does it support record (INP file) ?
    Thanks !

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

For sure, shmupschtrucshmuchtutumametgm is the best for TGM2+ (TAP) currently.

Personnaly I tried to make run TGM with this and still the same conclusion
    --> back to my MAME 0.99 from 2005.

And yes, inp can works, but I need to launch a bat file which start the game and record the inp. Same for playback.
    It is better for you if I send you my whole stuff..But once agian, it is really not the best option to make run TGM1

You are a bit in shit in wanting to make videos on TGM1:biggrin:
    I never post video on TGM1, I only do it on TAP from inps, and TI's clones have a replay automatic fonction.

3. Ai

Ai

Here's a link to Shmupmametgm and a link to the wiki page for more info. The file's optimized for use with TAP though I also use it for TGM. It does support inp recording like the other MAME versions. If you still have trouble with recording pm me and I'll try to help you out. You can pm me in French, but it may take a while before I reply. ^^

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

OMG I had forgoten to mention Ai in the group of inp/converting experts in my PM..

5. Thanks AI for the link !

Finally, after trying shmupmametgm, I don't see any difference with my actual version of mame (mameui 0.14u3), maybe because i'm still a newbie in TGM and i am not able to "feel" the little differences ?! :\

So i will keep using mameui 0.14u3 and try to get the S5 grade ;)

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I will make you try my old MAME 0.99.

7. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

That's true. The lag becomes more evident the faster you play.

But the great players can still play great with emulators. No world records ofcourse, but still very fast play. So the lag isn't really a huge problem, cept for the actual FEEL of the game.

Make sure you're playing with throttle on, and triple buffering and vsync off. Those really makes a big difference. And I highly recommend playing on CRT displays.

8. Thanks for your advices, i will check my mameui settings tonight.
    Amnesia, could you please send me your mame 0.99 version ?

Thanks.

9. Muf

Muf

Here are some handy settings I use (make sure you have a fast enough system):

Code:
    autoframeskip             0
    frameskip                 0
    throttle                  1
    sleep                     1
    speed                     1.0
    refreshspeed              1
    priority                  1
    multithreading            1
    numprocessors             auto
    video                     d3d
    filter                    0
    keepaspect                1
    waitvsync                 1
    syncrefresh               1
    triplebuffer              0
    switchres                 0
    Make sure your resolution is a multiple of 320 wide or 240 high (whichever is smaller - so 1280x1024 will work, 1920x1200 will work, etc), and your refresh rate is 60.00Hz exactly (so not 59.94Hz or 75Hz).

10. Mufunyo, is this your tgmt.cfg file ? :confused:
    If not, which file is it ?

11. Ai

Ai

Those settings can be found in the mame.ini file. Have fun playing! ^^

12. ok thanks.
    I'll try it.

13. I currently use shmupmame v2.2 for TAP and have definitely quit tgm1 until I can get a decent pcb/supergun installation.
    TAP works very well on it, and since I also play a lot of shmups for the moment, it's pretty convenient to have everything on the same emulator.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dpmbty

Here is the really first release of Mame supporting TAP from August 2005.
    Today I use it for TGM1, because I never found any better Mame released later for TGM1, and I feel that ZINC still has a slightly superior input lag.

OFCOURSE, if someone can make run TGM1 better than this, tell me !
    (Dont forget to disable the siren with the cheat)

15. Muf's suggestions appeared to make things better for me. Or it could be placebo effect.

16. good thread. will try looking at some of this later.

when i first switched to shmupmame i only noticed the difference in death 300+ speeds. I also found that I sometimes made mistakes trying to DAS pieces since I was used to locking pieces "earlier" because of the delay. that's about it.

17. Yesterday, i have check that throttle was on and triple buffering + vsync off (settings are by default in mameui).

I will try amnesia's mame tonight but i must say that i have no problem with mameui version 0.140u3 except the problem with inp files (i must delete the nvram folder every time i want to record my game) .

Is there any volunteer who wants to try TGM with mameui version 0.140u3 ?

18. Muf

Muf

You actually want vsync to be on.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I will, but I don't have my joystick this week..

Don't take it as an offense, but your current level may not allow you to notice the input lag difference, personnaly I started to really feel it approaching the 1min10 for 0-100.
    It is something you can feel only if you know the game well enough to push it at the "maximal" speed the game can offer.

When I say "maximal", I mean something in a range of 0-10% to the ultimate time attack.

If you can do the TGM1 0-100 under 1:06, that means you are less than 5% of the maximal possible speed, and at this point you will really feel that you are significantly affected by the input lag, especially when you try then to play on the real game.

20. Muf

Muf

Wrong. Some people are just very sensitive these things, whether they're a beginner or not. I'm not nearly fast enough to be in range of any time attack, but I can definitely feel differences in input lag and make mistakes when there is more or less of it than I'm used to. Right now, playing on my PCB, I make more DAS misdrops, but play overall faster than I do on MAME, and as you well know I am no expert. You should really avoid sweeping statements like that when actually all you have to go on is your own personal experience.