When do you play tetris best?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jujube, 7 May 2007.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i seem to play best after waking up from a lot of sleep. it takes a few games to warm up, but i think more clearly and everything makes more sense.

edit: d'oh i forgot after drinking caffeine. it's too late to alter the poll. except that it isn't and ct edited my post before it got any votes.

edit: creepy [​IMG] thanks ct

2. I tend to play best on, say, a saturday afternoon because I'm especially well rested. So I voted "after a lot of sleep" even though I don't mean immediately after. Being well fed/well sexed also helps but the effect isn't nearly so pronounced.

Sleep > Everything Else

3. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

I play at my best and most consistent when I am well rested, fed etc, and haven't played that day.

That said, all of my major breakthroughs come when I am playing tired, late at night, or when I'm not supposed to be playing (my study discipline needs work), but that isn't improvement, I just tend to have flukey games at weird times.

4. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

i play the better after i eat, i need to be fully awake in order to play good...

5. sharpie

sharpie Unregistered

when i'm tired =_=

i think this poll needs a couple more options, like do you play best with music and stuff

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

can someone add "While listening to music" to the poll?

7. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

lol, i need to hear the tetris music... i cant play with music, it makes me nervous

8. I'd say probably relatively late at night, after some caffeine, but not so late as I'm starting to feel tired.

I find I get better the longer it's been since I woke up. After about 3pm is probably the best time.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

After have not played during few weeks..

AND IN MY DREAMS!!!!

10. I play awful Tetris in my dreams, I can never seem to get the pieces right. It's really frustrating.

As for the poll, I selected "after alot of sleep". No real explanation needed.

11. i play best after exercising.

12. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'm with the "After waking up from a lot of sleep" crowd. My performance seems to be subconsious. If I'm tired, I'm under the impression that I'm performing optimal techniques when I'm really not.

13. the next day

14. Me too.

A Tetris session after an hour or two of karate is generally better than a week-end session. That's not a great surprise: my senses are more accurate (I don't want to get hurt by an incoming fist/foot [​IMG] ), the muscles are relaxed because of the fatigue but yet ready to perform sudden moves.

Hmm... I should try running during week-end. Or at least making push-ups & sit up.

15. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

Oh god, I know that feeling. I have a recurring tetris 'nightmare' where i struggle to avoid topping out, even though I'm stacking perfectly, then I finally get an 'I' block, and slip it down the side, only to discover that I have left TWO columns at the far right instead of 1. But in my dream, I never top out, but it keeps going, and extra empty columns continues to appear. Someone psychoanalyze that for me [​IMG]

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'll take a stab at it. You are doubting your own actions and capabilities. What may seem perfectly logical to you becomes illogical the moment it is applied. You're trying to overcome this barrier of reasoning but you find yourself running around in circles. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Big Grizzle

Big Grizzle Unregistered

Caffiene helps.

Although sleep is really important. I was trying to play Vs on xbox live the other night and because I was tired I kept making lot's of mistakes. Well more mistakes than usual.