What's wrong with Texmaster2009-3's Doubles mode that's not in Texmaster2009-2?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Zowayix, 14 Feb 2015.

1. I posted a thread on this three years ago, but basically, Doubles mode is the only mode in Texmaster2009-3 that doesn't work.

Specifically, as best as I can tell, there's a very brief flash animation that displays the instant a piece locks, where it flashes greyscale briefly and then the white outline appears around it. Sometimes, but not always, whenever both players' pieces are in this animation at the same time, the program will freeze and then crash. This does not happen in Texmaster2009-2.

Does anyone happen to know what causes this between the two versions or what can be done to fix it? Alternatively, does anyone know how to fix the missing music in Texmaster2009-2? I just want a version with music where all the modes don't crash.

also are the known TGM4 modes ever going to be put in Texmaster since prohibition was 5 years ago

2. Bump?

3. Muf

Muf

As far as I know it's just a bug. Bugs tend to come and go randomly between Texmaster versions, and since we don't have access to the source there's little we can do about it. Same goes for TGM4 modes being put in Texmaster; Report has been AWOL for a while now and hasn't posted any updates.

4. Maybe Mihara finally captured him and he's being held imprisoned in his personal torture chamber.

No, really. I think that's what happened.

clincher, Tomek and Muf like this.
  5. I don't think that sounds like a good idea anyhow. :| I thought there was supposed to be a moratorium on this sort of thing so TGM4 could, you know, exist in the first place?

6. Muf

Muf

I was just commenting on the impossibility due to Report's absence. As for my opinion on implementing TGM4 modes:

04:23 < muf> it seems dumb to try to implement TGM4 modes anyway
    04:24 < muf> when a) they're beta b) we can only go off limited video content
    04:24 < muf> it's like
    04:24 < muf> if you're so desperate for something new
    04:24 < muf> think up your own new modes

7. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Yeah. the only mode we really know much about is konoha, and even then, we don't know how high the level counter goes, what the timings are, or even how the randomizer works.

All we really know about rounds is that it's TGM4's 20G mode, and on some sections there's a haze that prevents lines clearing inside of it until the level stop is passed.

Not nearly enough to recreate them. And honestly.. until the game actually comes out (or gets cancelled again) i think we should have respect and support the creators at this time, and leave the new stuff out of any tetromino games that are programmed now.