What would happen if you cleared all the blocks in Push?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Caithness, 29 Jun 2006.

1. Would the game declare it a draw? Start over from the beginning? Or just do nothing and wait for one of the players to disconnect?

Anybody interested in trying to find out?

2. I'd be interested in trying to find out. Actually, it wouldn't be that hard, but you would need to use an L or J piece to do it without leaving extra blocks. I'm fairly sure that i've seen a video or something of this before. If both players laid down blocks down the centre they would stick where they collided, wouldn't they?

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

C. Did you check the wiki?

4. That explains it well. Ill try and find the site where I saw the 'neverending push' vid.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

The only games I know of where more than one tetromino falls into the same well at once are 1. Tet?is by Tengen and 2. Tetris DS by Nintendo. 1 checks the two players' tetrominoes for collision against each other; 2 doesn't.

6. Yeah, I thought I'd seen it on this site, guess I was right!

7. So which one of you disconnected first?

8. You can add TGM2, Shimizu Tetris, and one of the Spectrum Holobyte tetrises (Super Tetris?) to the list. All of these have an extra wide screen with cooperative play.

9. Cooperative play on Tetris! Man that sounds awesome!

10. Tetris The Grand Master Ace has a cooperative 2-player mode as well. Player piece collisions are detected in TAP, TGMA and Shimizu Tetris.

11. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

hmm, i really never thought about that