What tds mode do you play most?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Yokay, 21 Jul 2006.

1. I've been lurking around this forum for awhile, and I've finally decided to make an account.

I was just curious what mode do you guys play the most on tds?

Personally I'm a fan of 2p standard. It's less stressful; having 3 people dump garbage on me drives me insane and I don't understand how to play push at all (I wish I did, it just hasn't clicked yet.)

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I play mostly 2-player standard.

Push is a matter of making L triples.

3. Guest

Guest Unregistered

4 way, items are fun!

4. Sully

Sully Unregistered

If anyone cares, I've passed 10k standard 2-player matches. Too bad the game's counter stops at 9999. Now to get my wins to 9999. 100% win% here I come =O

5. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Oh, you've got to be kidding me. What were they thinking?

6. Sully

Sully Unregistered

The obviously weren't. Ditto the endless score- add one (or even two) more '9' and then see who's got the endurance to max the score.

7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I mean, looking at the "wins" window there's room in there for 2 more digits with room to spare. That's just nuts.

And I would probably be crazy enough to for a 9,999,999,999 score. It'd just take 3 weeks or so. :p [​IMG]

8. Sully

Sully Unregistered

3 weeks? 8x9 is a solid 10 hours, possibly even 15. 99,999,999,999 would take 100 times as long- that's at least 1,000 hours = 41 days of play time. That'd take months.

9. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

Its true, each digit added to the counter would just grow exponentially. I simply can not believe that the games counter tops at 9999!? That is so so so unbelievable. So does that mean that all of the wins totals on peoples WiFi accounts will max out at 9999? That could be disasterous for TDS. The tragic flaw.

10. It'd be even worse if the win counter stupidly maxes out at 99,999 so you can get a win percentage above 100. I dont count win percentage anyway myself though, as it depends on who you play against. Rating is the only true way to measure ability, though it vares on different modes.

11. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Sadly, wins has to top out at 9999, too. I've got a ways to go, though.

It'll be pretty dumb once I get there that every opponnent I play will see that I have 9999 wins.....

12. I play 4player the most, but that's only because I'm the worst at it, and I try to maintain the same number of wins in each category. I win most often at Push, so consequently I play it the least.

Sounds like it will be time for you to reset your data soon, Sully. Too bad about the ghost name it leaves on the Nintendo leaderboard, though.