Uh, this looks flipping cool.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 1 Feb 2007.

1. Tetris Cube anyone?

edit: looking more closely, i think whoever made this maybe didn't have the okay from tetris holding. what do you think?

2. If the guys who made this are using both the Roger Dean logo and the tetris.com address on the box without permission from Tetris Holding then I must say they're a bunch of some audacious folks.

3. Looks official to me. Why else would anyone use such an ugly font to spell Tetris?

4. i dunno. i didn't see the "authentic tetris game" insignia.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

That's on the back of the box for at least Tetris Worlds (GBA) and Tetris DS (Nintendo DS).

6. ...

7. If I can find one, I am buying one.

- Jono

8. I think its official, why else whould they have tetris.com written on the box?

- Jono

9. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

i want one!

10. I got one of these off ebay this week.

So far I think its pretty neat, but I need to point out non of the shapes that make up the cube are actual tetromino's, which I found a little disappointing.

Also it only has 9,839 solutions not 14,177 as originally advertised. (miscalculation perhaps?) Not that it really matters I am content with the 9,839 [​IMG]

It does however still have Tetris.com printed on the box so I am assuming the Tetris company does know about this product.

- Jono

EDIT:

After playing around with the cube for about 30min I have realized something - Its very hard!

11. actually, i was dissapointed by this fact, too. at least, most of the pieces are Blockout pieces (3d pentominoes)... (i assume the tetris cube is nothing else as the bedlam cube: http://www.bedlampuzzles.com/ )

but again, frustrating: its not the full set of all 12 flat and 18 non-flat pentominoes... ( http://www.gamepuzzles.com/polycube.htm )

@jp01309: already solved it once ? i also have read that its extremely hard..

12. Sigma Draconis

Sigma Draconis Unregistered

That puzzle does look rather neat. If I were to watch for a chance to buy it online (other than eBay), a store called I Want One of Those looks like a place that would sell a product like that.