Top 10 TDS players

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 3 Sep 2006.

1. Ok the latest entry on the front page is obviously sarcastic... But I'm a bit out of the loop so I'm asking you guys:

How many of the top 10 are cheaters?

2. Going by the blockstats list, I count four -- the Plutoes, TGM-Master, and gigolo. Of course, GTy is right there at #11 (and several other places in the top 100).

3. going by nintendowifi, at least five. i don't know anything about gty=loser?

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

From watching the list, I thought that GTy=loser was previously a legit player that ran across him, and expressed their distaste. Then again, I rarely transverse the 11-20 portion, so I wouldn't know.

5. From what I gathered, it was Millar who changed his name briefly to GTy=Loser!, and in response GTy made one name that was GTy=Loser?, but the hub doesn't display the question mark properly.

6. GTy has like 6 copies in the top 20.

7. Err. Nicholas. It seems that your sarcasm didn't do down to well with MIHARA/ARIKA over on 2ch. According to Needle he is pretty pissed off with you.

8. wasn't really going for sarcasm-- more so satire. funny someone got offended. [​IMG]

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If TGM developers get offended, they could complain to Henk.

10. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Someone explain to him that the satire may not translate well?

Link?

11. Apparently he understands that it was sarcasm, but doesn't find the joke funny, and thinks that seeing as he was making fun of cheaters, he shouldn't mention legitimate players.

12. I can see his point. To the casual reader, it may not be immediately obvious who the real cheaters are, so to mention legitimate players in the same post could be misleading to those who aren't already familiar with the players.

Attacking someone's integrity even in jest is a serious insult to many people, so if Mihara has taken offense, I would just quietly remove it from the front page.

13. Heh. Nick should say he'll remove it if he gets more than 10 complaints. I can't see anyone getting upset other than MIHARA, HOLiC and whoever TCM-??? is. But I was about halfway through before I acknowledged that it was a satirical post.

14. It also took me a couple seconds to figure out that the parts about Noah, Mihara, and Holic were ironic too, even though it should follow logically from the way he was talking about the cheaters in the top ten. It's kinda funny how people's brains work, isn't it?

15. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

16. i sort of meant to confuse. that's part of the point. to a less informed player, all of the top ten might as well be legit. what's more, a less informed player may take them all as cheaters. i'd read an article in an editorial about wifi cheating, and the author mentioned "curiously fast speed among japanese players," which is just natural from-ignorance-comes-suspicion. so it wasn't really just a "joke" flat out.

17. Isn't that from YOUR blog Phydeaux?

18. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered