Therapeutical effects with TETRIS.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 1 Apr 2010.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

http://www.maxisciences.com/tetris/...umatismes-psychologiques-severes_art6620.html

Sorry it is in french, found by NoTGhost, but you certainely know how to use google..

I don't believe one word of this, for me this fucking game is useless and only ruined my life, and made me lost my confidence in myself. After 5 years I am still very sensible with violence in general, I can't even watch the SAW serie.
    But it is still very good to read this kind of thing for the future. One day when TETRIS will be recognize like any other sport, we will be the center of the stuff.

2. Ai

Ai

3. Note that you have a particular relationship toward Tetris . You could also replace Tetris with any visuospatial game or activity of the same type (Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Fighter, Panel de Pon, Picros...).

4. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

Sometimes an ex-girlfriend insists on playing to avert her oncoming panic attacks/anxiety. It's not only Tetris though. Dr Mario helped get her through her mothers death.

I'm certain puzzle games can be very therapeutic. But why? Is it because they require your full attention, unlike adventure/rpg/explore games? Or maybe it's because they're so repetitive?

Amnesia, you care way too much about TGM. Your TGM-skill does not equate your human value, you know. You're way better than most people care to get, that should be enough.

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Apparently the reason they do that is that it exercise the same areas of the brain that are involved in storing painful memories, and blocks them from being stored.