The TGM1 "10 runs session"

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 3 Feb 2009.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Little contest, which is very temporary, no need to put this in the record thread I think..
    This is the jago's exercice to test the real consistency. Go on TGM1 and try to perform the most possible GM..
    Considering that we are around 40 GM here, that could be fun to be a little number..
    Write your 10 games like this :

Code:
    1 : S4 - 721 @ 09:23:87
    2 : 3 - 210 @ 03:45:23
    3 : GM - 999 @ 12:46:34
    4 :
    5 :
    6 :
    (these scores are an example, I will open this thread as soon I have 1h30 free)..

You don't need to perform the 10 runs in a raw ! but not one one week as well..

2. There's no way in heck I'm doing this in one go (or is that the point?)

So far:

1. Gm - 999 - 11:37:23

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It is ok to make it in one afternoon, with 10-15 min between each one or even 1 hour.., but the objectif is not to do one attempt per day..

4. m:)

m:) Unregistered

i thought the object was to actually finish all 10 runs trying the entire time, even if you goof at the beginning?

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

No, actually, that should take a so long moment, if it was 10 DEATH runs, why not, but 10x11 min, should take almost 2 hours..
    The most important is to absolutly report 10 attempts in a chain ! on one day, two, whatever..

6. K

K

NO

I asked you and you only to do this !
    You demonstrate your miserability here, trying to hide yourself behind other player level. [​IMG] (doing it intentionaly or not)
    don't delay this "test" by awaiting other player hypothetical post. don't delay it by "warm up period or something".
    Do it NOW.
    STOP PLAYING ANY OTHER GAME VERSION THAN TGM1 !
    PLAY 10 TIMES AND NO MORE (you can of course make pause between each play).
    AND POST YOUR FUCKING RESULT HERE !
    DON'T LIE.
    JUST DO IT.

if other people want to post their result, then please wait until amnesia have posted his whole result.
    Amnesia we are waiting for you, now.

edit : i made the test this morning. plugged the jamma board, played 10 times....

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

How long does it take to play a game of Lumines? About 2 hours if you're shooting for a million.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

ok, I will try to find the time this evening !

thank jago for your serious humor, I need this currently.. [​IMG]

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Here is my 10+1 runs session for TGM :
    (I could not stop on a S3... [​IMG] )

Code:
    --N rank  level  time  death occured by :
    ----------------------------------------------------
    --1-----S7------763----08:39:80----Bad stacking  
    --2-----GM------999----11:03:40----
    --3-----GM------999----10:36:78----
    --4-----S6------708----08:05:30----Bad stacking
    --5-----S9------911----10:21:46----Bad stacking
    --6-----S4------446----05:15:03----Missdrop
    --7-----GM------999----10:52:43----
    --8-----S7------755----08:50:50----Missdrop
    --9-----S4------554----06:11:33----Bad stacking
    -10-----S3------439----05:09:06----Bad stacking
    -11-----GM------999----10:41:35----

Result : GM consistency : 4/11 --> 36,4%

Average time of GMs :   10:48:49
    Current personnal record : 10:14:23
    And now my dear friends [​IMG] :

A vous !! [​IMG]

Well, for ma session, I am not surprised, and seriously, I don't see the interest..
    1 : I always knew that I don't increase my scores in plying safety, I only get the disavantage to play slowly..
    2 : I am confident in thinking that you, c_t and jago, you have no chance to get SHIRASE 1300 before me with your safe/shy style..
    3 : Digital is back, and let me insist on the fact that he fucks you all after having followed the dark side of the force..He told me something very interesting yesterday, c_t chose the way of stacking, jago : the memory, and Digital the speed..anyway, I saw his MK yesterday, and I can affirm that you will never pass him c_t, or jago..

He also told me something VERY critical for my life..I always thought that Digital began DOOM around October 2007, so you see know the kind of depression I had, I began in March 2008 :

" Noooo !!!!..6 months, I should beat the scores he had 6 months ago, that is impossible !!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] "

Normal, if only I had asked him before, Digital started TI style in..August 2006 !!!! At this period I was not even on Tetrisconcept !!
    So I still decided to correct my consistency for a while, but I know what is my real way, after a long and mature period on TAP and TGM, I should be back on TI and burst like a fool..

...But with the HOLD this time.. [​IMG]

10. Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence there. [​IMG] What's so great about his MK? And it's simply arrogant to say that about 1300. I'm playing exactly the way I should for my current level, and have made steady progress for some time now. I believe you still have to prove yourself with your constant stagnation and emo fits.

Anyhow don't come asking me again for advice when bursting like a fool does almost nothing for you, yet again, and Rosti and others pass you. And go buy a real stick already!

11. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Code:
    # -- Rank -- Time -- Level -- MasteringTime -- Notes
    1: Gm  10:42.61 999    10:42.61   ~10pm before bed
    ---
    2: Gm  11:05.88 999    11:05.88   ~6:20 am
    3: 5   1:31.56 115     ????    Misdrop near the top, couldn't recover
    4: S5  5:27.80 483    5:04.83   Too greedy.
    5: Gm  11:35.40 999    11:35.40   Bad 20G section
    ---
    6: S5  5:51.91 515    5:18.50
    7: 3   1:30.80 125    1:11.61   Dammit!
    8: S5  6:38.40 574    6:38.40   ...
    9: S8  9:22.93 834    8:08.80
    10: Gm  11:42.46 999    11:42.46   Today is not my day 

Some days I'm awesome. Others...

And that makes 10.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am sorry..That was only friendly provocation.. [​IMG]
    I need your advices..Don't forget that my current state makes me easily upset and makes me says some agressive talks.. [​IMG]

13. K

K

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Need an explanation, after the really nice and friendly PM of jago, I will explain a bit, mainly for c_t and jago..

As you can see, there is two GM in a row..The S7 was the first game after a while, and after a sudden ti period ! so, I have been surprised and unconfident bacause of the lower DAS..Then I did things properly with 2 safe GM..I restart then for the 4th try, in being tired and stressed by my job and NoTGhost both in the same time..Then I got upset with myself, lost my patience, and failed the most of the next attempts..That was the story !!
    The temptation to refall in the time-attack spirit took the advantage..

But I am still motivated to change my way of playing..

15. You do seem more stressed lately. I hope you work things out with your job and girlfriend. And remember too that we are still waiting to receive your "emission". Maybe the simplest solution would be to mail a DVD to muf?

About this challenge, I'll probably do it one day, but for now I'm having too much fun with TGM3. I think I've had an m9 promotion test 5 times now, which is a much more fun consistency challenge for me. It will be mine soon....