TGM3 rotation.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by JoshuaD, 21 Sep 2007.

1. JoshuaD

JoshuaD Unregistered

The Wiki is pretty clear on TGM1/2 rotation. Is TGM3 just SRS? Is there any difference? Thanks.

2. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

TGM3 has ARS.. you can try it out using Heboris. (ARS2 or +, can't remember)

Differences are alot, many floorkicks were added to make the game easier. Notably, the T-piece, and the I-piece.. I-piece no longer requires a 2x2 space on the right.. It just goes straight in. T-piece no longer 'jams' and can be rotated, and slide it out.

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

In Heboris U.E., Ti-ARS is the one you want to be looking for.

4. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

To my understanding, TGM3 has two modes, Classic and World, of which World is just SRS, with a limit on how many times you can move/rotate each tetrimino and still have the lock delay reset. Classic is just the same as TGM1/2 with more flexible kicks for the I and T pieces.

[Edit: Ninja'ed.]

I think what you're seeing in the videos is actually the floor kick combined with synchro via DAS. Basically, the rotation makes it floor-kick and end up vertical, one space away from the canyon. Then movement is processed on the same frame, positioning it directly over the canyon, and finally gravity is processed to land the piece at the bottom of the canyon, all in the same frame.

I remember seeing on one of the Japanese fansites that the I piece won't go straight in if you've already used the floor kick once before on it, which supports my theory.

5. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Ahh, my explanation was abit bland. But evidently I'm pointing out the wonders of DAS + rotation. Y'know, those that magically stick there if you press and hold the right keys/buttons [​IMG]

What else is new with Ti-ARS, IINM the L/J pieces has less restrictments? (thanks Digi)

6. IINM? And no... but the wiki has only just been updated with the correct behaviour for J and L in all TGM games.

7. beaver

beaver Unregistered

Just getting into Heboris and loving it.

Could someone please list the correct modes in Heboris to be able to emulate the 3 games.

TGM-?

TAP-?

T.I.-?

Is playing TI-ARS Doom like playing Death in T.I.?

Thanks

8. TGM1: Master G1

TAP Master: Master G3

TI Master: Master G4

TGM1 with 20G code: 20G G1

I don't remember any of the others...

9. fnord

fnord Unregistered

Death is in TAP, not Ti, and I believe Doom is like Shirase. TAP Death would be like Devil-Minus with that mode where there's only one preview and no hold on.

10. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

T.A. Death (minor inaccuracies)

- Heboris rotation

- Devil Minus

- 1 preview (can set as default in Settings)

- No hold (can disable in Options)

Shirase (approximation)

- Ti-ARS

- Devil DOOM

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

WHERE ARE YOU GOING ??

I think I guess.. [​IMG]