TGM1 recording problem MAMEUI

Thread in 'Discussion' started by tet2brik, 4 Jan 2011.

1. Hi all,

I’m playing TGM1 for 2 weeks now and i would like to record one of my « beginner » performance. I’m using MameUI version 0.140u3 (the latest release) and i notice a very strange behaviour when recording.
    In fact, when i record my TGM perf, an inp file is created but when i playback this record, the video is totally out of sync and the tetraminos are moving « randomly ». :confused:

I tried to play and record an another game (pang) and no problem appeared (playback : ok).
    Have you ever seen this problem ? Why do i have this problem just with TGM1 !!!! :twisted:
    Maybe, my MAME version is too recent ? (i will try with mame 0.99).

Can you reproduce this problem ? :confused:
    Thanks for your help !

2. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

It sounds like a problem with nvram. Before recording, you need to go to the nvram folder and either delete (if you don't care about losing your high scores) or back up the file "tgmj.nv"; and then when you want to play back, either delete it again, or if you created a back up, restore it.

Actually, most people here use command line versions of mame, and automate this process with scripts.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I was right for 2 things lol :

1 : nvram trouble
    2 : Edo is one of the masters of inp stuff here..

4. Thanks ! :)

I will try this tonight !

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Fais surtout attention à Edo, c'est un espèce de gros bourrin à TGM, il est complement fou, si tu lui parles mal il te massacrera..;)

6. ok alors je ne dirai rien sur son avatar :p

7. That's it !!! I remove nvram directory /// play //// remove nvram directory again /// playback and everything works fine !!!

Thank you so much men ! ():)