Tetris Zone now available for PC

Thread in 'Discussion' started by kbr420, 27 Apr 2007.

1. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

Hey Guys,

Tetris Zone has been released for windows. Go download it...please [​IMG] !

Those that were in beta, thank you for being apart of it.

Caffeine, sorry, the leaderboard for windows got deleted since it was on a different server. Currently, there is one leaderboard that will now host both PC and Mac scores. So you have to set a new record again.

download from:

http://zone.tetris.com

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

512 MB of RAM ... for Tetris? [​IMG]

3. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

i really don't know why it requires more. there were more issues doing the pc version vs. the mac.

4. Wow, its finally here!

Thank you

- Jono

5. Call me old fashioned, but will it ever be possible to buy a physical copy of this game?

6. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Yeah, I too was wondering about the commercialization. It's free to play?

I wonder if it'll crash on my comp, prolly will.

7. K

K

8. i don't mind at all about the leaderboard thing. great to see it's all ready now.

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

sure if you have a cd burner, cd label maker, and a printer for the manual [​IMG]

just got the windows release yesterday, i like it a lot. like tepples said though it takes a lot of memory on your computer (512 mb ram, 64 mb video ram) so i've had to close all other applications while running the game. i also found it helps to close the game every so often then open it again.

10. Needs OpenGL, which my graphics card doesn't support without the latest drivers, which I have downloaded, and am seemingly unable to install.

11. Bought it.. not getting any music in it though. Wonder why.

12. Covarr

Covarr Unregistered

I'm downloading it now, and am a bit surprised to see that the installer alone is 41MB. I can only imagine how big it will be once extracted.

I just don't understand how a game that once ran on the Game Boy now requires more space than even the biggest Game Boy Advance game.

Also, the ram thing is baffling.

13. I say why the hell not? These are the days of broadband where some games require more than two DVDs to fit on. Why treat Tetris any differently? I'm not saying all that glitters is gold. But if it doesn't hurt, why not?

14. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

tetrisonline is a new company. they are basically a licensee/developer. they will becoming out with tetris games in the near future.

as for tetris zone being a commercial product, our concept is that we don't want inventory. and due to the majority of people having internet today, its a lot easier to obtain and will cost cheaper than a boxed product.
    [/quote]

15. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

for those of you that are experiencing bugs/issues, if you would kindly report them on the tetris zone community forums, we can fix them faster. we are aware of certain issues and are currently fixing them. once an update occurs, you will know, and your game will prompt you to download the latest version.

cheers

16. I agree. For a modern look and sound, space is required. TGM3 fills a DVD, and even if it only used a gigabyte I'm sure many people would gladly give it the hard drive space.

$10 might seem a bit much for a simple game that has no manufacturing, distribution, or beta testing costs. But the leaderboard that looks to be maintained for years to come makes up for this.

The RAM requirement is a little excessive though... I know my PC is getting old, but I just barely meet the minimum requirement. For a Tetris game! [​IMG]

17. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

This game was good in the early betas for mac. It has gone down hill ever since then. It is not worth the $10. I just played the windows version and it is ugly. Also i am really disapointed in their master mode. To me it feels clicky and not smooth.

18. It certainly feels like we have paid for a beta version..

I (and more people over at the official forums) have sound problems with the client, I get no music and no sound effects. The only sound I seem to be getting is the occasional "level up" whisper.

This is something that should've been ironed out before launch. I even applied for the beta test but was never accepted into it.

And yeah, it's not exactly full 60 fps either. I'm pretty disappointed.

19. tetriszone uses openAL (just look into the .exe) -- openAL is known causing problems with onboard sound cards. if one could switch to

"generic software"

via an option, most users could just hear normal sound. only the "generic hardware" modes of openAL are mostly broken with cheap onboard or other older / cheap pci-soundcards.

if you want to test if you COULD hear sound with openAL, if you COULD switch to generic software mode, you may test with http://www.gravytris.de under "options" -> "audio". just switch between the different modes and check the effect. and please let me know you even with gravytris cant hear something...

20. That's all we need to know really.. the sound issues are due to sloppy programming, not a fault in the hardware like they wanted to make it sound like on the official forums.