Tetris vs T-Spin Vs Combo.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Zaphod77, 22 Jan 2011.

1. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Currently, I rank the three main methods of sending lines as this.

In terms of messiness

COmbo is most messy, with tetris a distant second, and t-spinning being the cleanest garbage, with even the smallest line clear sending two matching lines.

In terms of efficiency (lines sent per line cleared), combo is tops, followed by t-spin, followed by tetris. back to back t-spin singles simple cannot be sustained, unless i'm missing something, so combo sends the most lines.

Now see the problem here? Combo tops both lists, especially when we start using center gap 4 wide.

Now there seem to be three basic strategies.. What if each one f them beat another one, but lost to a different one? What if straight tetris somehow could beat combo?

Is there a way we can do this?

2. Different gauge filling up depending on which type of line you clear ?

3. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

if we specifically make a tetris give messy garbage, then it will also beat t-spinning.

if all garbage is messy, then t-spinning will get a heavy first attack advantage and beat all i think.

Normally stacking high for a combo is risky, because straight tetris or tspin will hit you before you start your combo, risking a topout.

However, the center gap 4 wide removes this downside. you simple stack the 4 wide until incoming garbage pushes the sides up to the top preventing you form stacking it higher, then start your counterattack combo. You then tetris back when you dig down to their lines, sometimes without breaking the combo.

If only there was a way to force the opponent's center gap 4 wide to the edge instead, then you could actually top them out...

4. King of Stackers solves this by having a hard ceiling at row 26 over which if any piece goes it tops you out.