Tetris The Grandmaster 5: TTC vs. Arika Wars

Thread in 'Discussion' started by The Dark Lord, 6 Oct 2015.

1. Let me just say: This isn't real. But it would be amazing to see as a fangame, just for the laughs.

Source/more writings available here.

Created by troper Ray Ayanami. I'm unsure if this has been posted here before, haha.

2. It'd be funny if this actually happens and Arika tries to buy the rights to the fan-TGM5 using whatever money they have left, especially considering Mihara's opinion of clones lmao.

3. Haha, I've seen this before. I'm thinking of writing a grossly exaggerated retelling of Tetris history on April 1st. Kinda like this, though I'm not sure how funny it would actually be.

4. Someone (not me because I can't creative write to save my life*) needs to write an obscenely long piece on how the Tetris Wars of 201X happened.

It's Arika vs TTC in a grand battle of wit, angry emails, court cases, fan support on either side and a Tetris tournament between Mihara and Henk, alternating between ARS and SRS every other game. The winner gains control of TTC. If Henk wins, Arika is sent into the depths of bankruptcy and TGM is never heard of again. Life goes on as normal.

However, if Mihara wins then all future Tetris games are ARS-only, and have a very specific license so that only the greatest companies are allowed to make Tetris games. All future games are to be released on arcade, Steam and whatever home console Mihara decides is the best at that point in time. The original Tetris Company is remembered only by "Like if you remember Henk Rogers" posts on Facebook. SRS-elitists spend their time in secret societies, hidden in the depths of the Earth, doomed to spend their hermit lives playing Tetris Worlds and Tetris Ultimate.

2025 arrives, and Tetris: The Grand Master XII - 死の行列 (Shi no gyōretsu; Matrix of Death) is released. Master Mode's grades go from 9-1, S1-S9, m1-m9, M1-M9, MK1-MK9, MV1-MV9 etc, all the way to The Absolute Grand Master. The game is endless, and the credit roll starts at the end of the section whenever the player gets MM9. The credits are invisible, have very fast garbage, no hold, and an extremely long message from Mihara. It lasts 15 minutes.
    Promotional Exams work the same as in Ti, though Demotional Exams are different. The game records your grade, and if you fail your Qualified Grade is pushed down to the grade you achieved during the exam. Intense rage is commonplace.

Shirase's descendant goes up to level 13,000. At 6500 the speed locks, similar to Death at 500, and the player is forced to endure 6500 more levels at literally blinding speeds. There are 2 frames of lock delay. At 6500, Item Mode kicks in, and at 10,000 Big Mode kicks in. Anyone who completes it and gets an S130 is crowned by Mihara as a God, and is showered with riches. They win an arcade cabinet made of the purest gold, complete with diamond encrusted platinum JLF and buttons.

Doubles Mode returns, and can be set to Master, Shirase, a Sakura-esque thing or Classic. It's essentially a co-op version of the previous modes. Prepare for ruined friendships by the thousand. Classic is basically TGM2-style, but it goes up to 999 as opposed to 300.

There is no Easy mode. Go pro or go home.
    Insert "The hardest puzzle game, not for beginners" joke here.

Playing a clone is highly illegal, and punishable by death. Japan takes over the world, and Mihara is the Grand Master of Earth. The only video games produced are now Tetris. School children learn how to build Tetris clones (using DTET rules as to not disrupt TGM) and to make, install and fix arcade PCBs in computer science classes. History teaches the children about how The Great Mihara rose to power, and about those nasty TTC dictators forcing their SRS upon the world. Projects include playing TGM1 and comparing it to the current versions.
    Exams are replaced with modified in-game Promotional Exams. The grade you qualify for is your grade for life, and affects your life just as real grades do nowadays. Mock exams are replaced with Promotional Exams from the previous game.

It is the Golden Age of Tetris. There is no poverty, and crime is at 0%. The Earth is finally at peace. There are no wars. Carbon emissions have been reduced to nothing, and all of today's problems are a thing of the past.

*he says as he writes this mess

5. That outcome sounds even more frightening. I'd be forever known as "S5 Sam".