Tetris on Family Guy

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 21 Nov 2006.

1. Man I love that show...

2. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

hahaha, i was watching family guy the other day, and i was so surprised they had tetris...

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

At least the I tetromino is the right color [​IMG]

4. mat

mat

you mean the wrong color... can't believe they did that! haha, yeah, saw it yesterday while catching up on the last few family guy episodes i hadn't seen. very cool.

5. The right colour for most versions of Tetris - including Tetris DS.

The randomiser on the family guy version obviously isn't very good though.

6. It's only 9 spaces wide...

7. I count 5 guidelines Tetris games released in the US, and 4 Sega coloured ones. Though the Sega coloured examples are obviously dated, if you look at Japan I count at least a dozen including many recent examples.

8. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

hahaha i didnt notice that, good eye Kotestu.

These poor family guy producers. lol

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Cyan I: The New Tetris, The Next Tetris, TW, TDlx, Elements, TDS, iPod

Red I: Gerasimov, Atari Games, Tengen, Microsoft, Tetris & Dr. Mario, Magical Tetris Challenge, 4D

Tan I: TDX
    Variable color I: Tetris for NES

So yes it is roughly by date.

In Japan, is Family Guy dubbed, subbed, or not distributed at all?

10. Oops, I forgot to count everything before Worlds.

Strangely, I didn't count any of these as I strictly meant Sega colours for every piece. And I think 4D was released in Japan only. I counted:

Bloxeed, Flashpoint, Tetris Plus, Tetris Plus 2

Though now that I think about it, Tetris Plus 2 may not have been released over here at all. But the other 3 most certainly were. If you're going just by the I colour, I think that puts Red ahead of Blue.

I conjecture that Red is the most natural colour choice but Blue was made standard because it's Henk Roger's favourite colour. (Blue Planet Software [​IMG])

*points at signature*

11. why is red the most natural choice? and also, blue is not cyan. J is blue, not I.