Tetris & Dr. Mario

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 22 Sep 2006.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I would talk about this good tetris, it's thanks to this game I become an addicted player at tetris, and this was the only and first tetris which propose "diagonal" move..

...And one day..I saw my first video of tgm, this day I've understand I was not good player.. [​IMG]

So I want to know if there is on this forum some people who have a high score on this tetris?? I think I was very strong with 328 lines..

2. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

yea thats the game where i started tetris too.

3. I hate it and never want to play it again.

4. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

"Diagonal" move? You mean sideways and soft drop at once? The New Tetris for N64 has this.

5. it's also really important in tds w/ tspins and all. noah kicks at it.

6. Wait... What?

Is there some fancy move in TDS that has eluded me?

7. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

hahahahahahahahahahaha [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ......thats really funny

8. if it is what i think they're talking about, then it means for any move requiring soft drop, immediately hold down before going left or right. while it's going down, move it left or right at the same time and put it in it's place. it's kind of hard.

9. Oh, that. It works in TGM with the so-called sonic drop, though nobody seems to use that technique. Probably because the gains are minimal (sonic instead of soft, so a couple frames are saved max) and it's made more difficult with the 4 way guide on the joystick.

10. I was playing this version a few months back. I tend to play any version of tetris I can get hold of for 1 - 3 months, than put it down, never to play again.

My highscore for Tetris & Dr. Mario is only 600,000 (I have a photo some where) which is not a bad score considering the poor randomizer, and points not increasing for line clear's past level 9.

- Jono

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I've forgot to tell this tetris belongs at the old generation (GB, nes..),

the diagonal move was a fantastic enhancement and allowed a very fast game.. equivalent ~ 300+(2,5x300)= lv 1050 in..16min! that was fast for the half of 90s.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]
    I finally found it for 1250 (15 $)!!

This fucking game doesn't let me play like I want...

I didn't remember any more how the old tetris was so limited..

I was wrong when I fought tgm will bring me lot of skill to increase my old personnel records on old tetris...

Is there anybody who have got some informations about DAS, ARE and other on this tetris?

THE ONLY THING I KNOW : LOCK DELAY = 00000000000 [​IMG]

13. I've gone back and played NES Tetris, and all of a sudden everything is a whole lot more difficult at higher levels.

I remember when I first came here, and was a mid-6000 wifi player. I used to look up to caffeine, Digital and all the other players with a top 100 place recorded in their blockstats gif. I used to think I'd never get even close to that high. I would've be happy to be in the top 1000 players.

My, how things have changed.

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I still have a copy of this game. The game is hard at the higher levels but I find I'm doing much better than long ago (probably because I sucked really bad back then).

And Rosti, I definitely know what you are talking about. I remember watching nick's videos and how I looked up to him like an idol. [​IMG] Mihara was a living god. Holic (Jin8?) was a myth.

Things have changed. I'm more or less pursuing these people nowadays. I'm amazed at how much I've improved since TDS. I hadn't even heard of TGM before then.

15. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

i hope this games comes out for the wii's virtual console.

16. tepples

We probably won't see any Tetris brand titles in Virtual Console. Nintendo has reported that Mr. Rogers and Mr. Pajitnov want too much money.

17. I checked the source, and it wasn't Nintendo reporting. It was speculation:

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Heu..Jp?

Are you sure you was talking about Tetris & Dr M ?? Not the NES version?

2 possible ways :

1 : You are one the luckiest player on the earth

2 : I must definitely stop playing Tetris.. [​IMG]

My higher score is around 478000 and that seems to me very very difficult to reach 600000.

19. tepples

3: Player is adding the score for Tetris to the score for Dr. Mario.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't think jp is so stupid...And I know he is an impressive player since his lesson on DTET...

In fact I've tried seriously for 2 weeks...My best at 478000 has been done at 252 lines, so I've lost 38 lines (a tetris become pratically impossible at 290 because of the bad DAS), and it was a bad distribution :

~120 S

~120 Z

~ 90 I

and around 100 for the others..

My objectif is 500000 and I stop after..