Tetris diet?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by iphys, 25 Nov 2008.

1. Anyone else get so focused on Tetris for periods of time that you just forget to eat? I've been playing Tetris a lot lately, and I just noticed my weight is 10 lbs below where it should be. This has happened to me before a few times. I think they should market Tetris as a diet regime, because it occupies your mind so much that you just keep playing it and don't even notice how hungry you are. I think the reason Tetris is so addictive is the piece randomization makes it a bit different every time, so it's really hard to get bored of playing it like in other games where you already know exactly what's going to happen every time.

2. Muf

Muf

I've gotten really hungry playing Tetris at times. I've also played TGM1 stuffing my face in between games.

3. I haven't really forgot to eat, only postponed it while sitting here, really hungry and saying to myself "JUST ONE MORE GAME..."
    (and we all know that there is no such thing as one more game.. [​IMG])

Damn, tetris is addicting.

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

There's no need to eat. Tetris is your source of food now.

...or wait...maybe Tetris consumes you instead. Hmm, if that's the case, then eat up because your brain isn't too tasty when Tetris fries it.

It's a give and take depending on how you look at it. [​IMG]
    Your performance depends on your health. Your health depends on the food you consume. Tetris feeds on your performance.

It's the circle of life... [​IMG]

5. Lol, I forget to eat all the time. My weight can vary from 6KG+ to -6KG sometimes more!
    As for a Tetris Diet, I find McDonalds or serval ice cream sandwiches is efficient. Otherwise if you have no time to eat just do the dew!

- Jono

6. Heh, it's amazing how hungry you can get playing Tetris when you play it for hours and hours and miss lunch and dinner.

I just remembered, this all goes back to when I was 12 and I used to spend my lunch money at the arcade playing Atari Tetris instead of eating lunch.

7. ImSoHoOdz

ImSoHoOdz Unregistered

you guys are insane! hahah although playing tetris does help burn finger calories

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Tetris as a diet aid pales next to DDR.

9. i don't know if it could help reduce appetite... but I would think that not eating would cause your performance to suffer. you should stock up on brain foods like fish and green tea (i'm just making stuff up here).

10. I've never played DDR, but I imagine it would tire you out pretty quick and convince you to take breaks and eat, so even though it obviously burns more calories it might not be as effective.

I'm not sure if eating is necessarily good for Tetris in the short term, although obviously it is important in the long run. I have a friend I play online, and when we play right after I've had a meal, he usually wins way more games, but when we play right after he's had a meal, then I win more.

11. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I think playing right after a meal is not a good idea. You'd have to give your body some time to actually digest and turn that food into energy.

12. I can go all day without food and play Tetris and get either awesome new records, or just play like garbage... same if I eat normally or if I'm stuffing myself with candy or whatever.

13. m:)

m:) Unregistered

when i see this topic i think of someone trying to cut back on tetris action.
    food is good. i eat then sit, that way i won't need to get up. if i get hungry i get grouchy.