TDS tournament, anyone?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by deepdorp, 1 Aug 2006.

1. i'd like to get a friendly TDS tournament going. it would be a single-elimination format with first to win 5 games for the round of 16, and first to 10 games thereafter, with maybe an extra stipulation in the final of first to 10, win by 2. The seedings, which will determine the first round matches, would be based on the blockstats ratings of the players at a pre-specified time before the tournament starts. Blockstats chat could also be used to choreograph the games, while major announcements would be made here at TetrisConcept. Unless anyone has other ideas, there would be no prizes for now other than bragging rights among the tetris community. Please reply if interested. Unless there is an enormous or weak response, spots will be limited to the first 16 and i reserve one for myself, so 15 open. I would like to get this to happen sometime in the next 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

2. I'll join as long as the tournament doesn't turn out to be a disaster like the ones on GameFAQs.

3. Sign me up! My Blockstats rating is stuck at 7315 and/or 7626 though, so that might be a problem.

4. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I'm in for sure.

5. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i'll do it.

6. one thing that would make the seeding easier to manage would be if everyone could include their blockstats badge in your signature, that way come tournament day, to fill out the bracket we just have to look at this thread.

i've noticed several signatures at these forums that aren't displaying. the syntax i'm using is:(i got this from the billmaan thread)

Code:
    [img]http://www.blockstats.org/memberimage/a7a12ae6219136cc13b4fd6289dda.gif[/img]

7. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

ok thats not such a bad idea, time to bring my rating back up so my sig doesn't shame me...

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I can't consistently beat level 5 CPU, so I'm not sure if I'll make it even past the first round, but I'm in as TC-Pino just for the CENSORED of it. But if I come in last, do I get the booby prize? (safe for work)

9. I'm in I guess... Hope my opponents keep the same hours.

10. Benni

Benni Unregistered

i would like to play with you, too

Edit: My Wifi-Name is G37 Benni

11. Bomber

Bomber Unregistered

nice! finally a TDS tournament!

I would also like to play

12. Tarto

Tarto Unregistered

Wow! I'm definitely interested in this!!!

13. I'd be interested in taking part, although I'm in the UK so time differences may be an issue against US/Canadian players that only play in the evening.

I haven't played on wifi for a few months, but my rating is around 7100 from memory.

14. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

Count me in! Im not gonna miss another TDS tournament.

15. Guest

Guest Unregistered

cosmonaut's in.

16. Guest

Guest Unregistered

cosmonaut's in. (i figured we would need a #1 seed so i obliged)

17. iam in too. name is cycle on tds.

18. I'm also in.

19. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Unless I miscounted, that's 14 so far.

20. i'll play.