Taste that ACE goodness

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 31 Aug 2006.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

2. K

K

paintfuly slow...

i remember the records was 150 lines in 2min21... certainly this one is outdated... [​IMG]

3. tepples

jagorochi is right. Player made 119 lines. Add 15 to account for the garbage on the field, giving roughly 134 lines worth of tetrominoes. Each line is worth 5/2 tetrominoes, giving 335 tetrominoes in 4:08, or 81 TPM at 20G. Heck, I suck at Tetris compared to some of you, and I'm that fast, albeit not at 20G.

4. oh come on. give the guy a break. he even said, (nothice:It's not a Superplay.)" he was showing off the game, and i'm glad he did. it looks awesome. i only know of two other ace gameplay vids.

5. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Can someone give me the details on what one would have to do to get the game/system and an approximate price? Thanks.

6. A quick look at lik-sang reveals that an NTSC-J Xbox 360 is $400 and that TGM ACE is temporarily unavailable.

7. Sully

Sully Unregistered

What's lik-sang?

Would I need anything besides the system and the game?

Is international shipping mad expensive?

8. tepples

Google lik-sang.

Possibly a memory card, unless you spring for the more expensive complete package. Caithness didn't specify whether that was 400 USD for the core system (more likely) or 400 USD for the complete package.

It can be, especially for something as heavy as an Xbox.

9. Lik-sang's not the only online import shop, but they're probably the most famous. I seem to remember them having a free shipping promotion going on the last time I ordered something. Play-Asia's another good one, from what I hear. You could also check eBay or Craigslist for Xbox 360s, although it seems unlikely that you'd find a Japanese one there. You'd do best to shop around a bit, but that post was just to get you started and give you an idea of the ballpark price.

10. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe only the complete package is available in Japan.

Interesting tidbit for the interested:

Japanese games are region locked, but most American games aren't. So in large part, a Japanese sytem will act region free. Also, you can subscribe to your regional Live service... No need for a Japanese address. [​IMG]

11. K

K

oh come oooon....

first cast the beam out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to cast the mote out of your brother's.

Main page of 05/12/06 :

[​IMG]

12. not the same thing at all!

13. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Is there any chance that it eventually comes to North America?

14. a long shot. thq's putting out a tetris game for xbox360, and one news source associated it with ace, but i think it was just an assumption.

15. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I've got a friend who does playtesting for THQ- I'll see if he knows anything. He's currently working on an expansion (I believe) for Dawn of War.

16. K

K

Are you really sure ?

hey nick i'm just joking ! take it easy !