T-Party (for when iCheat just isn't enough...)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Pineapple, 14 Jun 2008.

1. There was some discussion in IRC earlier, about the possibility of setting up TSTs with only using T pieces. Kitaru came up with a solution, which reminded me of a solution that jujube had found after I had asked him about it 9 months earlier. His solution leads nicely to a TSD, which brings us to the subject of this thread:

Using the full capabilities of 0g SRS, along with the T-Party randomizer (that only gives T pieces), and starting from an empty playfield, construct a B2B chain that delivers as much garbage as possible. When documenting yout solution, you only need to show line clears, as long as you show each pieces placed as a contracting colour to any pieces that it touches. In theory, you should only need 4 colours, but Fumen has 8, so you don't have to think too hard about that...

I'd be interested to see if it's possible to do this forever. My instinct says that it might be, but I can't see anything obvious...

2. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Thank you for the name.

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i'd imagine the biggest obstacle to overcome would be leaving holes that are 2 cells deep or more, because they'll only grow deeper as there's no way to fill them. if you can avoid that i think you could T-spin forever.

5. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

I foud a way of getting Tetris Worlds to play nothing but T tetrominoes, and holes 2 cells deep are a problem. However, there are a few ways to easily play forever in a loop whilst avoiding deep holes. As for T-spins, I'm not sure as I don't tend to use them.