SAKURA EX + ALPHA

Thread in 'Discussion' started by K, 30 Aug 2010.

1. K

K

I'll design some sadistics level probably for nullpomino (asked by muf)

so far, i think the "crystal block destruction" system is too limitative for creation...
    but i'll try :

this one work, if you understand how :V

I use TGM1 20G gameplay basis.

2. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

ha, too easy :p

(Don't click if you want to figure it out for yourself.)
    fumen link

EDIT: made a mistake :(

Last edited: 30 Aug 2010
  3. K

K

but you made a mistake, and your solution is more complicated:sneaky:

4. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Frame 11 should be cut out, but apart from that, is there anything else I'm missing?

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

How is this even possible at all? The L would spawn in columns 4-6, overlapping cell in column 4, causing a top out, and cannot be IRSed, causing instant game over.

Even if it were in 5-7 instead, the middle column no kick rule prevents it from rotating. causing a lock out during the next turn.

If the objective is to clear an l-shaped gem from that spot, then the bottom lin woudl already be clear, lowering the field by one.

6. IRS clockwise would work. Try again.

7. Zaphod77

Assuming nothing extends above the top, then yes i see how now.

14 keypresses. 15 if you wish to lock it early. If anyone can beat that, I'd like to see it.

The only tough one is that first move.

Also, if you think you can't do it with 14, you probably released a direction too early :)

8. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Zaphod, if you think it can be done in 14 key presses, then your solution is way off. If you actually tried to solve this in practice, you'll find that many of your theoretical moves simply won't work.

I pretty much solved it with my earlier post, apart from a slight mistake, and 3 unnecessary rotations. Jago corrected me on IRC last night, and I can tell you that the one true optimal solution requires much more than even 20 key presses.

9. Muf

Muf

The Resident Misinformer strikes again :awe:

10. As far as I can tell, this is the shortest solution:

[link] (Frame 8 can be skipped if a synchro move is used.)

19 rotation button presses and 6 directional presses (if you can pull off frame-perfect timings on rotations when needed).

11. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Poochy's got it spot on.

If you include the IRS rotation, then that's 20 key presses already before even considering the directional presses. This was the basis for my statement: "the one true optimal solution requires much more than even 20 key presses".

Some possible changes to Poochy's solution are swapping the B, B, to A, C rotations at frames 15-17; and again at frames 33-35. (Note that using A, C at 33-35 would require a right shift between rotations, so this might not necessarily be an optimisation.)

By the way, I hope that you all try to solve this problem for yourselves before cheating and clicking on Poochy's link. :)

12. Zaphod77

Okay, looks like poochy's solution is still not optimal.

Frame 25 is not required, as the piece will kick right automatically, so that shaves off 2 direction changes. ;)

So looks like 24 presses minimum, with two rotates during autorepeat.

Mere mortals will need 8 directional presses, and still need to perform one difficult synchro, for a total of 28.

This requirement for a synchro can be removed, but it would also remove one of the red herrings.

Optimal number of fumen frames is 31, provided the IRS is the first frame, and the final CW rotation is the last one.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2010
  13. K

K

interesting, i wasn't thinking about charging DAS at frame 29 (poochy's solution)...
    i must change it

14. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Frame 25 is required, as the piece will not kick at all from the position in frame 24. And yes, Poochy's solution is what I would consider to be optimal.

15. Muf

Muf

:facepalm:

16. The Resident Misinformer strikes again?

17. Zaphod: It's time for you to go back to this...
    [​IMG]

18. Zaphod77

Ok, so i missed the one no kick situation that i've never had come up in a real game. EVER.

I'm still waiting to see how he's going to fix the puzzle to require a second unsafe synchro.

But if you really wish to be sadistic in puzzles, I believe 1g to be a more difficult test than 20g.

PS: can you spin 180 degrees in one frame by pressing a and c simultaneously? that's a lot easier then doing a manual synchro.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2010
  19. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

No.

Inspired by the beauty of jago's puzzles, I thought I'd have a go at composing one myself. Hopefully it's not too easy.

(20G, TGM rules)

20. Zaphod77

I think I got it
    [link]

That mean it's too easy? :)

Error corrected. Wish I could delete a frame from the middle though. would have made correcting a lot faster

Last edited: 4 Sep 2010