?s for people who play tgm on pc

Thread in 'Discussion' started by orz, 11 Nov 2010.

1. orz

orz

okay so i am looking to get some insight into people's perception of how responsive games are etc and i have some questions

-what operating system are you using?

-what monitor are you using?

-what games are you playing? (if you are playing the actual games: what emulators are you using? if you are playing clones: which clones are you using?)

-what keyboard/controller/stick are you using?

-if you are using a usb keyboard/controller/stick have you changed your usb polling rates?

2. OS: Windows 7
    Monitor: Built-in laptop monitor with a max resolution of 1600x900
    Games: TAP via shmupmametgm and Nullpomino
    Controls: Built-in laptop keyboard with WASD + JKL
    P.R. Change: No

3. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

OS: Gentoo (laptop, old desktop) and Fedora (new desktop) Linux

Monitor: Laptop built-in (Dell Inspiron 9300) and a slightly old Samsung LCD

Games: xmame 0.106 + TGM2[+] patch + Rerecording + AVI dump via mencoder

Controls: Keyboard (Arrow keys + Z,X,C or Ctrl,Alt,Space depending on certain factors) or Joystick (HRAP3)

USB settings: not applicable, only affects mouse

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

-what operating system are you using?
    SEVEN

LAPTOOP

-what games are you playing? (if you are playing the actual games: what emulators are you using? if you are playing clones: which clones are you using?)
    TGM : mame 0.94
    TAP : shmupmametgm
    TI : ??????????????

FSTE PS3 modified with Chtulu

-if you are using a usb keyboard/controller/stick have you changed your usb polling rates?
    hein ?!?:confused:

5. Muf

Muf

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. (If you don't know what that is, substitute it in your mind with "Windows 7")

Eizo S2410W LCD screen. There is probably lag, but I have noticeably far less lag than a Samsung 215TW that I tested with.

TGM1: shmupmametgm 0.137.
    TAP: Original arcade PCB, shmupmametgm 0.137. MAME has noticeably more lag than the real PCB-- this is immediately evident with "DAS-to-wall" placements that, when used to MAME's timing, end up one cell from the wall instead on arcade hardware.
    Ti: Original arcade system.

Filco Majestouch MX-Brown for keyboard MAME play, JAMMA supergun for arcade play. USB Joystick for MAME is a hacked up €7 USB gamepad.

I have in the past, since installing Server 2008 R2 last February I haven't bothered though.

6. -what operating system are you using?
    Windows XP

laptop

TGM: PCB
    TAP: Shmupmametgm

Street Fighter IV FSTE
    Apple Pro Keyboard m7803

Not yet.

7. windows 7, my .bat disables desktop composition
    1680x1050 AOC LCD
    TAP: shmupmametgm
    HRAP3 with sanwa buttons
    no polling rate changes, i don't think there's a hack for 7

8. Maybe I'm wrong (probably) but I thought USB polling rates only mattered when a converter (Playstation2 to USB just as an example) were involved, and creating a mismatch in and of itself between its polling rate to whatever its converting to USB, and the USB itself. If the controller is USB native 125hz should be good enough to be arcade accurate in theory, no?

If any of you tech people can clear that up for me that would be sweet. Maybe it would be worth my time to try and switch out the HRAP2 PCB with the PCB from some simple native gamepad.

9. that is my understanding.

10. -what operating system are you using?
    Vista
    Laptop. It doesnt have a delay as far as i can tell. (and i can tell. My eyes could tell an 16ms monitor from a 8ms one)

*Secret*Master

SF4 TE Round2

500hz. Only because my mouse was at this anyway.