QUAD: cool (original?) tetris variant in flash

Thread in 'Other games' started by herc, 24 Nov 2006.

1. http://www.norbain.com/games/quad/

how to play: keyboard / mouse moves the tile , space rotates, any other key drops the tile.

place the tiles such that you either build horizontal or vertical complete lines.

does someone here knows if this game tetris variant is an original idea? or is it just a well done flash conversion of an already known game concept? if so, i would be very interested in the origins of this game. i really like it!

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Tetromino stacking that involves forming both rows and columns reminds me a lot of Welltris.

3. I don't have flash at work. How do the pieces "fall"?

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

They don't fall. You are able to move the pieces in any direction as it spawns in the center.

5. Oh, I see now. Yeah, it makes sense that someone who likes 3D tetris games would like this one.

Herc, have you played "Tetrisphere"? It doesn't play like regular tetris games, but I think you'd like it.

6. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

well that was fun for a bit

7. yeah ! TETRISPHERE! its really cool! i'm still yet amazed by the coding skills of these guys who made it. i played it a bit in an n64 emulator, as i do not own an N64. but to be honest - its not that much fun playing inside an emulator. and sadly i have found NO other implementation of tetrisphere, at least not for a personal computer.

a side question: where is that blog gone? i remember that this site had a nice blog about tetris stuff...

another question: why just one forum here? "general discussion"? isn't it time to split it? for example make another forum "tetris game related discussions"? there could be a thread for different games like lockjaw or tetrisphere or blockout etc etc..

i know, the timing for such a transition is important, and im not sure if here are already enough regular posters. but i see a bright future for this nice forum [​IMG]