Possible new way to play TDS online on PC?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 19 May 2010.

1. Has anyone tested this out?

http://www.ngemu.com/frontpage/?p=vB134329

Seems like a possible cool way to play the game. You know, for those of you who own the game but would prefer playing on a bigger screen and with a keyboard or stick.

2. Muf

Muf

Like I just mentioned on Kitaru's facebook: what about using this to make pixel perfect video captures of online matches and even stream them live, all without having to point a camera at a DS like we've been doing all the time.

I think it's time for a new TDS tournament :awe:

3. Interesting, but somehow doesn't work for me. Infrastructure option is grayed out, but I'm sure my WinCap is installed correctly (works for Wireshark). Anyone else have this problem?

4. I think the developers disabled the wifi option until they perfect wifi because apparently, Nintendo were able to detect the emulator clients which did not behave properly.

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

correct. Nintendo is blocking it because the protocol isn't implemented perfectly and causing problems with their servers.

6. i made it work and played today with blink (i played on emulator, he on real ds). both tds and tpd work, but there were some glitches, maybe because emulator lags for me.

7. do you need a compiler to enable wifi working?

8. orz

orz

so who's making the ars romhack

9. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Yeah... that's gonna take major reprogramming. I know just how different the rotation systems are, and many of the needed changes are non trivial, such as step reset and the wall kick table.