Please work oh god

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 7 Dec 2007.

1. work work work

edit: okay, forums are officially back up. yaaaay.

2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Yay, I finally have somewhere to hang out after school. [​IMG]

3. I can finally post my new Death score.

It's only been down... a week? Feels like a lot longer

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

TC I MISSED YOU!

5. jujube

jujube Unregistered

all that trouble just to get me un-warned? [​IMG] looks good caffeine, the only strange thing i noticed was how the layout changes when you log out.

6. Change the "board style" in your profile. Like 4th up from the bottom IIRC.

7. jujube

jujube Unregistered

ok, i see now that the layout is "subSilver" when i log out and "Saphic" when i'm logged in. not sure if caffeine intended it to be subSilver when you're logged out.

8. K

K

good job man !! [​IMG]

9. Looks good. So what do we get for all your troubles with this shiny new version?

10. the only theme present should be subsilver, the problem before has been fixed. new theme on the way.

so why all the downtime?

to address spam problems in the past, i installed multiple mods. well, these mods turned out to muddle up everything and conflict with each other, and what we got as a result was a really messy and confusing registration page. that has been fixed. the other problem was that because of the mods, i couldn't update phpbb2 to the latest and greatest version. that's now fixed, too. my next course of action is to install a single anti-spam mod, and then set up us a theme. i know it doesn't sound huge, but i'd been putting this off forever, and i just know some guys were going to register and then changed their mind once they saw the crazy registration page.

11. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

So that's why it looks just like gbadev/dsdev. I already get confused as to whether I'm on gbadev or Pocket Heaven, because they have just barely customized their subSilver.

12. K

K

tehre is no more the new theme ? ( i can't turn it back)

the interface reseted to phpBB default one, witch is .... urghhh

13. To be honest, subSilver isn't that bad. At least not to some themes that I've seen.

Also, the link back to the wiki at the top could be useful, but that can wait until other things are resolved...

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It was about time ! [​IMG]

15. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

It's not that subSilver is bad. It's just that subSilver is part of the branding of at least two other forums that I visit, making it harder for my subconscious mind to adapt to different forums' preferences for writing style and permitted digressions.

16. just curious: how huge is the forum's sql - database data? with all those thousends of posts - it must be 30 mbytes if exported as ascii?

17. subSilver is the default theme that comes with phpbb2, and as such it is very unwise to delete. anytime you have problems with your board, tech support will work with you as if you're using subSilver. that's why there's no more Saphic right now.
    32 megs. that's part of the reason it's such a hassle to fix stuff. everytime i tweak something, it'll take me 25 minutes to upload that thing.

18. TastyLard??? I prefer Dr Pineapple, thankyouverymuch...