Original Game Boy Tetris world record

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Sully, 24 Sep 2007.

1. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I happened upon the Twin Galaxies GB Tetris records page and found that someone had gotten 327 lines! I haven't played this version since before I got TDS, which is where my skill level vastly improved, but I think my best was in the 220s. Anyone ever come close to 327?

2. i have a feeling he still lurks. i bet he'll post on this topic.

original video check out his other videos for his amazing finger technique to over come useless DAS.

3. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Unregistered

Alright, dammit, I'm going to make my own weird ass GB Tetris "finger" video... one of thee days...

4. My fingers always got tired around 250 but I'm pretty sure my personal best was a little over 400.

5. thomasgx1

thomasgx1 Unregistered

i thought it was over 800 now by that woman? theres a video of her being officiated with TG, theres an article on the boston times from the wiki?

6. That was Tetris DX, which is noticably different because it has wallkick. And we've already had a discussion about that acheivement recently...

7. thomasgx1

thomasgx1 Unregistered

sorry, twas my first post, i'm looking around now [​IMG]

btw - your username from Stand By Me?

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Spectre seems to be the best GB player in the world..He is registered here but never come since the last year...

My best so far is 286..

The problem is that video comes from an emulator..And nobody can prove spectre had not used a "rapidfire" on the "left" and "right"..

If you find the way to set such an enhancement, reach 999 lines become not so hard.. [​IMG]

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

10. That's what caffeine was referring to when he said to check out his other videos.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Sorry ! [​IMG]
    Sometimes I am a bit lazy to read the whole topic..

12. Spectre256

Spectre256 Unregistered

I used to lurk here after I stopped posting, but (no offense to everyone) I'm not very interested in recent Tetris games, and that's 99% of what's on the site anymore. I'd actually kinda forgotten about it until someone ( >_> <_< ) send me a message today.

Amnesia, that video isn't from an emulator; I used the Super Gameboy for the SNES to connect the output to a TV tuner card in my computer, and recorded the video from there. It wasn't tool assisted in any way. I only did it that way because I didn't have a video camera back then.

Also, someone actually made the Boston Times by getting 800 lines in Tetris DX? That seems pretty silly; I think I had over 1400 lines in at least one game of that; I suicided the game out of boredom, so I'm sure a lot of people have a score way better than that. Oh, I guess that's what you guys discussed already.... hmm...

Well I don't really have anything to add to this.... back to lurking / forgetting about the site I guess. :p

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Do you know you are a legend for me spectre..

I love this guy.. [​IMG]

14. Sully

Sully Unregistered

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEVdI22Q5Wk