New to the forums need advice

Thread in 'Strategy' started by BankyTetris723, 30 Nov 2008.

1. BankyTetris723

BankyTetris723 Unregistered

Hi [​IMG]
    i just registered but have been looking at the forums here for a week or so. i just tracked down my own copy of tetris ds and on marathon i try and stack from left to right leaving a single column open for an I to put there i can get to level 12 before i lose. I was wondering what stack method is the best?
    and how to improve my stacking... which is just kind of random stacking(making each piece go where it will fit) which i think isnt a good thing [​IMG]
    please toss me some advice [​IMG] thanks!

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Are you using both rotation buttons, or are you pressing B B B or A A A to rotate the other way? Learning to use both buttons will make it easier to learn how to fit pieces into , and it'll help you finally beat level 1 in Vs. CPU.

Are you keeping the randomizer in mind? There is never a wait of more than 12 pieces between I pieces in the sequence that Tetris DS uses. And don't stack so that you'll need multiple copies of one piece, as it'll take a while for you to get them. Press L to hold I pieces if your rectum (hole for I pieces at the right side of the well) isn't deep enough yet.

Try to stack flat, possibly one to three blocks higher in the middle so that you can use the lock delay to help you slide pieces into place once they start falling nearly instantly starting around level 17. Except for the rectum, don't place pieces to leave a hole one cell wide and at least three cells deep, as you need an I to fill that.

Lockjaw Tetromino Game is a PC-based simulator of Tetris DS that can be configured to modify over 30 game rules. Install Lockjaw on your PC, so that 1. we can see how you play (through replay files) and 2. we can give you customized rule sets to help you train in specific areas.

3. blatent advertising for lockjaw!!!!!

yeah use lockjaw, it'll help u fast!

just keep playing, 1-2 hours a day for a weeek and u'll beat marathon.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hmm no..
    PLAY TGM...

You are not yet totally perveted by the american system of rotation ("WORLD" or "SRS" or "system for beginner"...) [​IMG]
    It is still not too late for a smart reconverting.

5. Check out the wiki here; there's a lot of good information about the different versions of Tetris and strategy. Tetris The Grandmaster is a series of Japanese Tetris games made by Arika that introduce a number of refinements while keeping the difficulty high; they are very popular here. Try downloading Texmaster (available in a forum thread) which accurately simulates the different modes in the series.

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

the only thing wrong with SRS is the weird situations that can come up in 20G play, where pieces jump in strange ways or won't rotate at all (you can't rotate the S counter-clockwise there). it's a shame there isn't a widely used rotation system with SRS orientations and more sensible kicks.