New tetris online is coming

Thread in 'Discussion' started by skywavek, 22 Sep 2008.

1. skywavek

skywavek Unregistered

http://tetris.hangame.com/

In Korea, A large game site announced that tetris online is comeback.

PS. http://video.naver.com/2007020415581568933
    It is video about korea online tetris 5 years ago.
    In here, rules are very strange @_@

but now, It'll have a official rules.

PSS. Unfortunately, to join this site, you have to have Resident Registration Number, So maybe only korean play this tetris.... [​IMG]

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

that's a real shame. anyway, if you join, some videos of the new version would be great.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I'm not sure how something analogous would fly in the United States. Who would give Henk Rogers their Social Security Number?

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i don't get it. as an American, is that the only pc tetris i should play? a link to Tetris Zone would be better than that.

5. It's quite ironic that one of the most non-verbal and non-culture-dependent game ever gets such region-specific treatment around the world. As if region-locking DVDs worked at all?

6. Muf

Muf

Having a different game, in a different region, with a different licensee, with different royalties turns out better for Henk's big pockets.

7. jujube

jujube Unregistered

he could at least try to put a good different game in each and every region. why is multiplayer only being featured in Japan and Korea?

8. As a European, living in none of those places, does that mean I get free choice or that I can't play any of them?

9. orz

orz

speaking of online tetris we should get some online tetris going in some form

10. Muf

Muf

You can play blockbox or hebo mini, surely there's someone that'll want to play you [​IMG]

11. orz

orz

i thought no one actually played hebo mini netplay?

12. People play it if you ask, but there's no real constant group of people who play it like there is for Cultris/TNET/Quadra.

13. orz

orz

i thought blockbox wasn't out yet ?_?

14. [​IMG]

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i think you're allowed to play any unofficial game you want, because there isn't an official game predetermined for you [​IMG] so you can't play any of them, for the same reason that you can't marry a woman who's arranged to marry somebody else.

16. The game itself may be the same, but the social aspect of multiplayer Tetris is going to be different in all those regions.

17. Isn't that because of all the regional fragmentation of the games?

18. Yeah, I'd go with this. There was a considerable language barrier, but there was interaction between the western and eastern players for Tetris DS, which is the only online multiplayer game to be properly released worldwide.

19. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

My understanding is that when TDS players with kana nicks gained high ratings, North American gaming forums buzzed with feelings of intimidation by "japs".