New crappy online multiplayer site.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 23 Dec 2007.

1. iminlikewithyou.com is a quirky little social networking site whose "blockles" heavily draws from tetrinet. it's shit. nonetheless it's fun to own noobs. i cheat like hell using my all purpose autohotkey script.

Code:
    #CommentFlag @
    @changes commentflag from ; since I use that to move right.

j::send {space}
    return
    @hard drops

k::send {left}
    return
    @moves left

;::send {right}
    return
    @moves right

d::send {up}{up}{up}
    return
    @rotates left

f::send {up}
    return
    @rotates right

i::send {left}{left}{left}{left}{left}
    return
    @pseudo instant DAS left

p::send {right}{right}{right}{right}{right}{right}
    return
    @pseudo instant DAS right

a::send {up}{up}
    return
    @double rotates

^l::suspend
    @ctrl+L toggles script suspension (when you want to type)

@Didn't take the time to find a work-around for soft-drop (difficult because I normally bind space to soft drop).
    p.s. the web site's name is probably from Home Movies (TV_series), one of my all time favorites. "I'm falling in like with you."

2. Now, why would you ruin the game for others by cheating? That's pretty low if you ask me.

3. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Unregistered

I dunno... I thought it was pretty awesome. Makes me proud to be part of this forum. [​IMG]

I might even convert to keyboard for Lockjaw just so I can try to pwn as well...!

4. i know right? i can't help it. cheating's fun. i'm mean. mean mean mean.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Citation needed that remapping a keyboard is cheating.

6. He's using macros though, macros are considering cheating in games.

7. Muf

Muf

The DAS macros seem like cheats to me.

8. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Unregistered

Yeah, well, Blockles has items that are even more game-breaking than Tetris DS. Fair game, IMO!

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I was playing this with caffeine yesterday and I definitely understand why someone would want to cheat. The game is just god awful to play. I only remapped my keys but the thing still feels "unplayable" in that state (even barring the fact that AHK was acting pretty funky for me).

10. relax guys. it's not like i'm playing in a tournament or anything. it's just some random flash game where there's absolutely no long-term effect whether i cheated yesterday or not. i only played for like two hours, and i don't plan to play again. as far as i'm concerned, they could've banned me for life and i wouldn't care. it's not like it makes a difference.

11. Muf

Muf

Wow, I'm surprised at how shit this game is. I played using a modified version of caff's ahk script (changed ijkl to wasd with q and e for wall DAS), and the game is so laggy it doesn't even keep up with autohotkey's double rotations. The real weirdness is this inverse T piece it has, that isn't even a tetromino.

12. Ok, I haven't played this game, but I just wanna say:
    It surprises me that you somehow thought about this game and played this game - which apparently is a crappy game -...more than one year after the last post [​IMG]

13. Muf

Muf

One word: chicks, dude. I got lured into signing up for iminlikewithyou, and having an account, I figured I'd try some Blockles.

14. jujube

jujube Unregistered

or you could be a lame guest like me and play anyway.

edit: well i just got my butt handed to me by some strong players. there are a few of them playing but they're hard to find. the game is kind of fun with no items.

15. My friend showed me this.

I tried playing it yesterday with my Saturn con and JoyToKey (UP to rotate and SPACE to hard drop?!), though the servers were broken. Give me a second rotation button and I may take it a little more seriously.

16. Reveillark

Reveillark Unregistered

it's not that bad [​IMG]

well, maybe it is. regardless, i still find myself on the site way too much despite having better options to play now.

there are a decent amount of good players, actually. stop by and say hi.

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

just played some games with Reveillark and grr. i have a long way to go [​IMG] they're really strong.

18. Reveillark

Reveillark Unregistered

Oh, you should see me on one of my ... not horrible nights [​IMG]

You're good already, you should be dominating all of us shortly [​IMG] It was nice to see you around btw.

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

well i don't know if i'll be dominating but i hope to be in the top 50 consistently. i'm just not fast enough, but it helps to stick with a game so you're used to the little things like piece colors and single rotation.

it was good to see you on there too. i'm sure we'll bump into each other again. i noticed grr calling you David. are you the David from cultris that i've seen in videos?

20. Reveillark

Reveillark Unregistered

Oh, you don't need to be ridiculously fast to win at this. It's a really slow game, you'll eventually find that you just need to be fast enough to keep up [​IMG]

And no, I'm not the cultris David [​IMG]