My nick

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Pineapple, 25 Sep 2007.

1. No. And it's not Spanish, either...

2. Who on earth would think that was Spanish?

Is "arse" really that uncommon an expression outside of the UK?

3. yes it is

4. Rosti: A member of TC, and yes, in that order...

5. I suppose I can't talk... I thought Phydeaux was French, rather than a net spelling of "Fido".

6. first time i heard arse, i was like wtf is an arse? that's like some people down here who add the letter "r" into the word "wash." "i need a car wersh."

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I knew it wasn't Spanish, but I couldn't resist: Usuario Discusin:Lardarse

In much of the Commonwealth (no, not that Commonwealth), you say "arse" and mean the afterpart, but here in the States, we say "ass" (sometimes spelled "azz" in Ebonics) and mean the same thing.

8. i just can't imagine any guy saying "check out that fine arse." yuck. it just makes it sound ugly or something.

k, sorry for over-off-topicing. i'll stop now.

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I had the notion Lardarse was just an original name, nothing more nothing less.

10. It would translate into American as "fat-ass".

11. or just lardass. we have lard here. =]

12. jujube

jujube Unregistered

[​IMG]
    what about this UK, and this Commonwealth (where the 4-0 Kentucky Wildcats will play some team from Louisiana soon in "American" football (or "foosball" as some people say [​IMG])).

13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

so yeah that football game was played tonight between #1 Louisiana State and #17 Kentucky. i can't remember how it ended though...oh well i guess it isn't a big deal.

oh yeah, Kentucky won [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. you just bought yourself a two day ticket to banishment.

edit: okay, maybe that was a little harsh. i'll lift the ban.