Kasumi's Quest

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Kasumi, 29 Sep 2008.

1. Alright so here is where I'll post the replays and records of my top scores in the NDS_TGM, or whatever else I happen to be playing.

NDS_TGM:

Master: 1029 in 10:25.97 (Bronze SK)
    Replay: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1222#p27975

I'd actually recommend you watch the 955 run instead though. It's probably more interesting than watching all the foolish mistakes in this run.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1222#p27918

20G: 742 in 7:16.06 (Bronze SK)
    No current replay. An earlier (737 in 7:26.05) replay can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1222#p27154

Death: 253 in 2:21.40
    No Replays available.

Shirase: 234 in 1:53.16
    No Replays available.

I'll be using a slightly modified version of Digital's naming convention for NDS_TGM replays:
    <Player>_<Mode><Width>(<optionalsettings>)_<Level>.TRD

For optional settings, con means constant speed (starting at the level 0), invis means normal invisible blocks. If no additional settings are on, then nothing is added after width besides the level.

Heboris Scores:

Master#G4: S2 Grade, level 704 in 8:05.63 (Bronze SK)(Silver? ST), TI-ARS
    Replay: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1222#p27919

Original First Post

This attached replay was made in either NDS_TGM_20080730 or NDS_TGM_20080815.

It's telling me the maximum number of attachments is one. So... here's my Master replay anyway. I'll make two additional posts, one for my 20G score, and one for a game of master that I was playing at constant speed for about a half hour. My Death and Shirase replays aren't even worth watching.

I'd appreciate any kind of tips. You could link me to specific parts of the wiki that you think I would benefit from reading or give me some specifics through PM, since no one else is allowed to post in the actual topic. All will be appreciated. I'm here to get better.

2. Had lunch. Here come the other two replays. Starting with 20G: 462

3. And now a replay that's 29 minutes and 5 seconds long. No, I really don't expect anyone to watch all of it. I'm posting it because it more or less shows how I lay down pieces in Master mode. ( I don't put an I in the right column sometimes, because I know the speed is constant, but other than that, it's pretty much what I'd do.)

The first five minutes are probably all that are worth watching. I play pretty fast, and (what I consider) to be pretty smart. After that I kind of fall apart. I'd like to say I only topped out because I heard that replays can only be 30 minutes long, but that would be a lie. Again, I'd appreciate PM tips. More to come when I beat some scores.

Edit: Forgot to attach the replay. [​IMG]

4. Well, I've made a lot of progress since my last update, so I figured I'd post some more records for your enjoyment/pm critique.

From NDS_TGM_20080815

First up, getting to level 790 in Master in 8:57.48 (Got a Bronze SK too.)

I'm actually starting to prefer 20G to Master in NDS TGM if only for the fact that at level 300-499, charging DAS does things I don't want it to because I expect it to be 20G, and not charging DAS means I have to hammer the d-pad to move a piece a little from the center. Gets annoying.

Edit: After updating my signature, I just realized how vastly better this replay is, than the previous one I posted (Level 627 in 10:03.81). Now only did I get to a much higher level, I did it in much less time.

5. And now getting to level 696 in 7:21.20 in 20G.

<3 20G <3

6. Two more records here. I may get to level 999 by the end if the month. First is level 852 in Master in 9:16.52.

7. Next is level 737 in 20G in 7:26.05

Getting better.

8. I posted earlier that I may reach 999 in Master by the end of this month. (November). Right now that's a very real possibility.

Here's a level 955 replay in 9:37.42. I even got a silver SK.

Edit: I often forget to attach the replays... [​IMG]

9. Here's a Heboris Master replay. My keyboard skills aren't up to snuff with my dpad skills. Either that, or Heboris is harder because it's more accurate, since it advances speed timings correctly, and gets rid of the ghost piece after a while. I dunno. But here it is.

S2 Grade, level 704 in 8:05.63 (Bronze SK)(Silver? ST), TI-ARS.

10. Happy Thanksgiving indeed. I said I might do it by the end of the month. And I did.

Level 1029 in 10:25.97 in NDS_TGM Master mode. (Bronze SK)

It was a weird feeling. I was just casually playing a game or two between courses for Thanksgiving. I had the sound off so I didn't really detect level stops or anything. So I wasn't manually locking at 20G like I should've been until late in. In fact I pretty much played sloppy after level 400 or so. But when I got to level 600 or something, I was like, "Wow, this might be the game." And when I got to 800, I was like, "Yep, this is gonna be the game." and then it happened and I got owned by the credit roll. I would've got owned even if I paying attention, but I only laid down a measly 29 or 30 tetriminoes.

Hah. I played pretty sloppily throughout. I actually like the 955 run better. But this... this was the game.

I guess my goal now is to finish on other Master mode clones so that I can actually take part in the records section.